Sudden wrinkled egg in Incubator?

lunagrove

Chirping
May 4, 2020
Virginia
Hi all! I'm new here but have been stalking the forums for quite some time. I'm on day 20 of incubation (silkie eggs)- been in lockdown since day 18. I ran my humidity around 45 to 50%, temp set at 99.5F the entire time up until lockdown, then adjusted the humidity to 70 to 75%. I've had two eggs pip, one around 7am this morning and the other around noon today. The others are rocking back and forth and I have some internal pips that I can see by shining a light into the incubator (I'm using a Nurture Right 360). Air cells are on point, everything has been good and on schedule but I did notice today that one of the unpipped eggs developed a sort of wrinkled looking blunt end. Its alive in there because the egg rocks back and forth and the air cell has drawn down as well, but I'm wondering what this wrinkled shell means? I cannot find anything on it so thought I would post here for the experienced. I've attached a pic, although it may be difficult to see since I'm shining a light into the bator.

Attachments

• 20200504_150850.jpg
    20200504_150850.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200504_150916.jpg
    20200504_150916.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 22
I honestly don’t think that is something to worry about. I have seen similar looking eggs and the chicks hatched and were very healthy. It’s amazing how anxious we get close to hatch day!!! I, too, have the Nurture 360 and have always had excellent hatch rates.
Good luck! :jumpy

I honestly don’t think that is something to worry about. I have seen similar looking eggs and the chicks hatched and were very healthy. It’s amazing how anxious we get close to hatch day!!! I, too, have the Nurture 360 and have always had excellent hatch rates.
I LOVE my nurture right 360. Affordable and does the job awesome! It hatched 12/12 of my eggs!

I kept telling myself I'd keep the anxiety in check yet here I am worrying about a couple wrinkles on an egg 😂 Maybe it's the way the light is hitting the egg I side the incubator, and I just didnt notice it before 🤷‍♀️ ... and yes! So far, I've really enjoyed the overall experience with this incubator. This is my first time with the Nuture Right. Looking so forward to seeing the chickies! Anyway, thanks so much for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom