Suddenly have chickens.

Zolon

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2016
Oklahoma
First, background.

IT Geek, raised in Alaska but spent 20 years in Seattle, who bought a small acreage in the middle of Oklahoma, living with a dog lady who has worked with them professionally as a family thing. Her grandparents did it.

Last weekend I woke up something fowl. Grumpy beyond normal compare. That Saturday afternoon, I somehow came home with 12 chicks, and all the stuff we needed to run a brooder.

We have been reading and planning on chickens for 3 years now, but never had the thoughts take flight until now.

Decided I should make an account after reading all 50+ pages of the Woods Coop, and 37 pages of the Angry Rooster.

Even with all the reading, expect lots of "newbie" questions as we progress into the world of chickens.

-Z

.... and you'll love them and be planning/plotting to get more. I kid you not. Have you visited the Learning Center, it has answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet.

If you want to find other Bycers - put your state name in the search box. It will come up and you can post there. I also like to recommend "Raising Backyard chickens," forum.

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

The other greeters have given you some good advice, I'll just say hello and it's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom