Suddenly sick hen....not sure what to do

Please keep us posted on your hen. Good luck. Hopefully you can get in touch with one of the two that I mentioned
Thank you for the info, it was a wealth of information. The hen did not pull through after seeing the body condition score that was posted on your link she was at a 1 which is severely emaciated and in critical condition. That link had great information so now I'll know how to respond quicker if another one comes up sick, hopefully this was just a 1 off thing and not something that's going to spread throughout the flock.

You need to handle every chicken in your flock to assess their body condition. If it was worms, rest assured the rest of your flock is infested....
X2 sorry for your lose. Enola has years and years of experience. She's right. If it was worms, the others have it also.

You need to handle every chicken in your flock to assess their body condition. If it was worms, rest assured the rest of your flock is infested....
can you give me more information on the worms? The links I read had to do with sick chickens in general, not anything on worms.

One of my chickens had this. We put her in a dog crate in the garage and i stayed up with her all night and fed her plain Greek yogurt with crushed pellets mixed in and gave her water with a dropped every 30 minutes. It didn't work, and my parents didn't want to take her to the vet cause she was a chicken. She didn't make it, so im not exactly helping, but if anyone finds a cure id like to be prepared in case it happens again.

It was defiantly not worms with my chickens because that was over year ago and the other 2 that were around her are doing great.

One of my chickens had this. We put her in a dog crate in the garage and i stayed up with her all night and fed her plain Greek yogurt with crushed pellets mixed in and gave her water with a dropped every 30 minutes. It didn't work, and my parents didn't want to take her to the vet cause she was a chicken. She didn't make it, so im not exactly helping, but if anyone finds a cure id like to be prepared in case it happens again.
If it's worms which it sounds like it could be to me I've posted one treatment on this post. Post # 9

Back
Top Bottom