Suddenly URGENT: Southern VA/Triangle NC for sale: small flock, 14 wks old: Australorp Cockerel, 3 Buff Orpington Pullets $75

Chapel Hill Chicks

Songster
11 Years
Jun 29, 2009
Chapel Hill
Purchased day-old chicks from My Pet Chicken, who have always had a great track record in properly sexing their chicks when I have purchased from them in the past. This little quartet is from hatch the week of February 8. Somehow, the Australorp cockerel passed as a pullet, and I cannot have a roo where I am living. I have re-homed three accidental cockerels in the past 12 years, and it breaks my heart that I have to do this once again (all of the former accidental cockerels were from feed stores, not MPC). To ease the stress on this sweet guy, I am going to sell four that have been together since hatching -- the Australorp cockerel and 3 Buff Orpington pullets.

LOCAL ONLY. Will not ship, but will consider meeting halfway if located in VA or NC.

UPDATE 5/20: As of this morning, I have 30 days to find a new home for this small flock. The cockerel started crowing only 6 days ago, but an anonymous neighbor has repeatedly called in a noise complaint to the police department, rather than knock on my door, welcome me to the neighborhood, then express concerns about the crowing that just began in the last week. (I bought this property a little over a year ago, moved in 7 months ago).

May15.jpg March21.jpg

Attachments

• February10.jpg
    February10.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom