Sultan

Shall23

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2024
I was thinking this chick was a satin silkie but it’s starting to make me think sultan? Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_9190.jpeg
    IMG_9190.jpeg
    775.6 KB · Views: 41
I was thinking this chick was a satin silkie but it’s starting to make me think sultan? Any ideas?
Hi, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

You could be right, where from? This answer may help narrow down the possibilities.. Specific hatchery, ebay, etc?

Sultan should have V comb, for starters. Skin color under feet and in wing pits should be white/pinkish, not grey.

Could also be Polkie.. Polish X Silkie, commonly seen in back yards.. along with frizzles, and so called satin's.. back to the first question, where from?

Cute baby, fun mystery! :pop

I got a picture of her (hopefully) comb and it looks V shaped to me. It’s hard to get a picture of her backside lol

Attachments

• IMG_9202.jpeg
    IMG_9202.jpeg
    392.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

You could be right, where from? This answer may help narrow down the possibilities.. Specific hatchery, ebay, etc?

Sultan should have V comb, for starters. Skin color under feet and in wing pits should be white/pinkish, not grey.

Could also be Polkie.. Polish X Silkie, commonly seen in back yards.. along with frizzles, and so called satin's.. back to the first question, where from?

Cute baby, fun mystery! :pop
I got her at Atwood’s in the bantam bin. I posted more picture of her comb and leg feathering

Back
Top Bottom