Supply of horizontal nipple waterers

NorthwoodsChick

Fowl play will 🐝 encouraged 🐥🐔
Premium Feather Member
May 16, 2021
UP Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
I am having the worst luck in sourcing horizontal nipple waterers locally, nationally, so on. Anyone else having the same issues?
I placed an online order from a domestic manufacturer 8 weeks ago and was notified 3 wks ago that it was unable to be fulfilled (site showed they were in stock). I then ordered from Amazon right away, and yesterday was notified that stock is unavailable. It is like playing roulette with Amazon both in quality and, now stock and delivery. If anyone has a succesdful recent Amazon purchase would you mind sharing a link?
I can find vertical nipple waterers at TSC as absolute last resort. I would worry about leaking then freezing in winter.
TSC also sells a 1 gal waterer with horizontal nipples for $40 and a 3 gal tank style with 3 nipples for $75...way to much cash and not big enough in the long run for 12 birds.
Any advice is appreciated.

Very recently I bought this horizontal nipple system from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/BriteTap-Mod...021pAnSA==&sprefix=Bright+Tap+,aps,626&sr=8-5

This gizmo screws into the spigot hole on 5 gallon Igloo water cooler. I like this system because I don't need to replenish the water but every couple of weeks or so, and it stays cooler in summer and resists freezing in winter due to the insulated tank.

I did receive the order in a week's time. The only issue I had was the washers included with the units were not the proper size and they leaked badly. With one e-mail to the manufacturer, I received an assortment of washers in less than a week, and that resolved the leaking.

This may not be for you, but you asked for our experiences.

Very recently I bought this horizontal nipple system from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/BriteTap-Model-Chicken-Waterer-Light/dp/B07TXK71J5/ref=sr_1_5_mod_primary_new?crid=3SFOJ6811PA8A&keywords=bright+tap+chicken&qid=1647788507&sbo=RZvfv//HxDF+O5021pAnSA==&sprefix=Bright+Tap+,aps,626&sr=8-5

This gizmo screws into the spigot hole on 5 gallon Igloo water cooler. I like this system because I don't need to replenish the water but every couple of weeks or so, and it stays cooler in summer and resists freezing in winter due to the insulated tank.

I did receive the order in a week's time. The only issue I had was the washers included with the units were not the proper size and they leaked badly. With one e-mail to the manufacturer, I received an assortment of washers in less than a week, and that resolved the leaking.

This may not be for you, but you asked for our experiences.
I have not seen this type of unit before. I really like the idea and I may have a 3 gal Gatorade drink cooler somewhere. Will be checking this out. Glad to hear supply and delivery were not a concern, too. Maybe I just had bad luck. Thanks so much. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom