Surprise TUrken babies!

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
Watching a chick hatch this morning, I saw flesh bulging from the zip- and said, "Oh my god ,what is that?" And out popped a turken! Yay me! The poor thing is so ugly, I fell madly in love with HER (
fl.gif
)... so far, I have six chicks- two of which are turkens. I am having a terrible hatch rate. Hopefully the numbers will increase- these are the eggs that shipped during the terrible heat- and remember I had temps reach 108 the other day.
sad.png

One of my turkens has not absorbed the yolk sac- darn active little critter. I do not know why- its the only one like that. Hopefully "she " will be okay.

More eggs are due in two days- some polish and two silkies, one or two Hudan. Same situation with those- eggs shipped in high heat.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I just can't get to the 'they are so ugly they are cute' thing with the NNs/Turkens...

Ah well, enjoy your new babies and good luck on the rest of your eggs!

I think it goes right along with "a face so ugly only the mother could love it"...the rest of my hatch I think is done for. I have pips that are not doing anything at all, that were rocking earlier.

I think they drown- I dont really know if my humidity was right or not the last couple days because the batteries were bad in my thermometer/hygrometer...so, going on the turken that hatched with his yolk out (high temps- right?) and the last four babies were 'sticky'...I dunno.

Smitty's Farm :

Congratulations!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Where's the pics??? Let us be the judge.
lau.gif

How long has the unactive egg been pipped? Sometimes they get tired and rest inbetween trying to break free.

Yeah...were's pics??​

I LOVE MY TURKENS, TOO! I don't know how many times I have to say it, but don't judge a book by its cover. My Turkens have always been the sweetest of the bunch. They absolutely love people and are always wanting human attention. It is unreal how friendly they are.

I hope your little babies turn out to be just as loveable! You already love them, and that helps
smile.png

I just tried to take pictures but my camera battery is dead- so I threw it on the charger, and will get their pictures later on tonight...
Patience, patience, patience...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom