Surviving Minnesota!

What is the le/feet color? I assume it has single comb?

I love the genetics of what they are doing and why. As soon as You think you have a hard and fast rule, they confound you.
I actually havent even seen the chick since it got out of the shell, only when it was close to pushing free. I have only had updates via text message. i didnt even think to ask what color the legs are but it is too late now. i will see them probably tomorrow or friday.

I need help no one responds. I've posted many times. I have eggs that were rescued from a duck that was eaten. I don't kno what day they are on I can see movement in eggs candleing and feathers what do I do?

I need help no one responds. I've posted many times. I have eggs that were rescued from a duck that was eaten. I don't kno what day they are on I can see movement in eggs candleing and feathers what do I do?

Put it in an incubator! If you don't have one put it under a broody, if you don't have one find someone who does.
I once found a nest of duck eggs and I checked on it once everyday. One day I found all the eggs but one broken. I took it to a relatives house and she put it in her incubator. It hatched, but I never got to see it, she did send me pics though.

Duck eggs , correct?

I could tell you the proper thing to do with them, But some here would complain if I did..

BTW welcome to BYC and the thread. Maybe you should check your enter key or internet connection because you say you have posted many times and no one responds. I am doubting your posts got through considering this was your 3rd post ever according to the counter.

Welcome~!

Hard to know exactly what day they are on since you don't know when mother duck started setting on then. You could probably do an internet search on hatching duck eggs. Embryo formation at certain days. Keep them in the incubator and start searching incubation of ducks. Some of us on here don't have ducks : some do. But most of us if we have a question we don't know the answer to we start typing in the search bar above. If these are wild ducks then I believe you need a permit to have them in your possession- maybe--? Call your local game warden to be sure. He'll tell you what to do.

Last edited:
If you are talking wild duck eggs, I would suggest you consider them a loss and put them back.

I know what your heart wants to do, but I am not sure you want your pocketbook to take the hit that will occur if you get caught with a wild duck. I believe you need a state game farm license and federal waterfowl permits to even have them.

I would not contact the warden, I would just put the eggs back and let the skunk or whatever have them. I am not saying this because of my extreme dislike of waterfowl, I am saying this out of concern for you and the legal problems that could ensue if you hatch them. I believe just possessing the eggs can be a hefty fine.

Back
Top Bottom