Surviving Minnesota!

Ralphie - when should I expect this clb to start laying and how old are the SS when they begin to lay. The clb are 17 weeks now and the SS are 14. Last year the ISA's were 16 weeks and began to lay. I wasn't expecting that.

I never look for an egg until 26 weeks then when I get one early I am pleasantly surprised.

@ralphie no such thing as a bad chicken. I bought a straight run from you. I have one TBD and 3 roos that was a chance I took. So I'm enjoying the eye candy until the dinner bell rings, unless I can sell them earlier

@ralphie no such thing as a bad chicken. I bought a straight run from you. I have one TBD and 3 roos that was a chance I took. So I'm enjoying the eye candy until the dinner bell rings, unless I can sell them earlier

This is true.. I can only sell straight run, because I am lousy at sexing them. I even give people the CLB's boys that turn into girls...

I cannot tell on any of my SS what they will be yet.

Last edited:
@ralphie hmmmm so all deals are ran thru Judy. In which case, Judy I will trade you this spa pedicure gift card for those 3 full grown ss.

Too funny!
The deal was that I take Sick Chick and try to cure her and by the way, we will throw in a roo for chicken soup. Then Judy told Ralphie, you should give her two roos and me, being the big girl I am laughed because I knew Ralphie was trying to get rid of some of the boys, said sure. It was cold then and chicken soup sounded good. Like I could cull anything even for soup. One of the two turned out to be a hen. The one that Judy added to the two. LOL. Ralphie cannot sex chicks. He is true to his word when he says that. He did not even look at them and so I got a CLB hen. Aren't I lucky? But Judy may go for that spa pedicure gift card. She's not happy with Ralphie right now. She had to clean up the kitchen and the clothes after being gone for five days. This might be a good time to approach her.

Back
Top Bottom