Surviving Minnesota!

We have a carbon monoxide leak in the gym
1f602.png
. We smelt it in the girls locker room during 7th hour, but its confirmed now. The girls locker room is closed off.

Technically there is no smell, but the burning of it makes a smell

Carbon monoxide is formed by the incomplete burning of materials containing carbon and can be produced by almost anything that burns.

In addition to carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, particulates, and other toxins are also produced during combustion. It is these elements that may smell like smoke, smell like gas, or give off other smells when they burn

In my science notes^^

Last edited:
I didn't know there was a lizard stage before a toad. That is new to me!

I have called it various things I wanted and tried Salamander but it is too long to type and hard to spell for an old guy like me. I then called them toads, but that is not right because they are 50/50 and not 75/25.

This scientific naming of offspring and new breeds is just very hard for me. I am sorry I confused you.

Lizard is easy to spell and remember, SO I think I will stay with that.

We have a carbon monoxide leak in the gym
1f602.png
. We smelt it in the girls locker room during 7th hour, but its confirmed now. The girls locker room is closed off.

You need more school and less movies!!!
old.gif

Smelt is either a silvery little fish that tastes great when netted while spawning in the spring. OR Smelt is to melt down or render something to a pure form, such as gold, iron and so on....

In addition BC is right CO2 is colorless and odorless. Are you sure the gal next to you did not have beans for supper last night?

You are not smelling CO2 you are smelling whatever you burnt. Furthermore you said "a Leak" something burning is not and cannot be considered a leak.

I bet you're glad you never had me for an instructor, as is your GPA.

BTW Please amend your science notes. If a substance burns completely or nearly so, there is no C02 produced also, as the O2 is completely used in the combustion stage and there is none left to combine with C to make CO2.

Also CO2 cannot burn and is in fact an ingredient in fire extinguishers.

Last edited:
Ivie:  This is the best Hen Saddle I've seen to date.  Check this out:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/424354/free-chicken-apron-saddle-pattern/200#post_17822052

I just spent 2 hours in my carhartts. With the Chickens.  Do not think less of me chickeneers, but I was not a good girl scout this fall and have just now plugged in the electric cords and battened down the plastic that the last winter storm tore apart.  New plastic on the run...just makes all the difference in the world for those birds.  That run just got a whole lot cozier.  I moved the water to my plug in --in the coop.  It had been in the run the whole time.  switching it out with another waterer each day had been working well with temps in the 30's.  Even when it went down to some 20's at night.  I just take off the little crusts of ice or switch.  Well Old Man Winter has reared his ugly face out there...and its cold.  So the procrastinator that I am I just took my lunch hour and then some to get situated again.  Depoop-piled a bit....Fresh shavings on top of the older ones.  Filled the feeder...  Comfy Cozy in there.  Let the winter winds blow.

That's an awesome saddle lol!

I have called it various things I wanted and tried Salamander but it is too long to type and hard to spell for an old guy like me.  I then called them toads, but that is not right because they are 50/50 and not 75/25.

This scientific naming of offspring and new breeds is just very hard for me. I am sorry I confused you.

Lizard is easy to spell and remember, SO I think I will stay with that.

Sounds like we are one step closer to a SOP :)

Sounds like we are one step closer to a SOP
smile.png

That would be so cool. but I do not have 5 years to join APA and then 5 more years to develop and show them and all the BS required to get them recognized.

Actually, that is why I am hoping to get MnCHickMom's daughter to take some and show as 4h has a neat division that the open divisions does not. I wish the shows had an "exhibition division" for the "designer" chickens people make that are not SOP. Some of the things breeders do are as interesting as the good SOP birds are to me.

Also completely for everyone's knowledge It is cold enough and I was outside long enough that I am having my first hot cocoa and Yukon Jack tonight....Judy make me give her some of mine though......
barnie.gif

Last edited:
That would be so cool. but I do not have 5 years to join APA and then 5 more years to develop and show them and all the BS required to get them recognized.

Actually, that is why I am hoping to get MnCHickMom's daughter to take some and show as 4h has a neat division that the open divisions does not.   I wish the shows had an "exhibition division" for the "designer" chickens people make that are not SOP. Some of the things breeders do are as interesting as the good SOP birds are to me.

Also completely for everyone's knowledge It is cold enough and I was outside long enough that I am having my first hot cocoa and Yukon Jack tonight....Judy make me give her some of mine though......:barnie

If she doesn't I would do market. My grandpa and I were actually just talking about doing market turkeys or chickens.

Back
Top Bottom