Surviving Minnesota!

Gray! What are those gray babies? And then there is the white and look at that black one. Ohhhhhh look at the buff with the black on its head! Getting my chick fix here.

The gray ones are from the lavender cuckoo . The buff looking are red cuckoo = Rhodebar Legbar mixes . Sadly a fox got that rooster . Windy days opened the pen door .
Weather man says up to 2 1/2 inches of rain from now to Friday .

EMorical, I love your avatar. You are quite the photographer.
love.gif

THANKS!!!! The story itself is kinda sad - my husband accidentally hit a mallard nest planting last spring...he knew I had a broody hen at home so he grabbed the eggs that were intact, left the field, and drove them home! After a while, two actually hatched - but they didn't last. I guess I'm not a duck farmer
hmm.png
I figured it was getting close enough to Easter I could get a little festive
smile.png
Chickies? Duckies? Bunnies?

THANKS!!!!  The story itself is kinda sad - my husband accidentally hit a mallard nest planting last spring...he knew I had a broody hen at home so he grabbed the eggs that were intact, left the field, and drove them home! After a while, two actually hatched - but they didn't last. I guess I'm not a duck farmer :/ I figured it was getting close enough to Easter I could get a little festive :) Chickies? Duckies? Bunnies?  

Aaw, poor things. I haven't had much luck with my Mallard crosses either... Call of the wild hits; and they fly off and get into trouble.

Aaw, poor things. I haven't had much luck with my Mallard crosses either... Call of the wild hits; and they fly off and get into trouble.

I don't think I'll have the option to better my duck/goose husbandry. The last thing that was talked about when I was ordering and planning my Flock game plan was DH begging me "Please. Just no geese."
lol.png

I don't think I'll have the option to better my duck/goose husbandry. The last thing that was talked about when I was ordering and planning my Flock game plan was DH begging me "Please. Just no geese." :lol:

Don't let Ralphie hear this, but I don't like geese either.... Ducks are more fun, easier to care for, and won't take bites out of small children.

Back
Top Bottom