Surviving Minnesota!

Thanks all for the good wishes on Dad. Back home tonight. Work tomorrow then back down after work. Stay at a friend's house. Surgery Friday am. Back home... it's going to be a long couple days.

Jerry I might have had the lavender cuckoo cockerel picked off by a predator. DD said he wasn't on the roost tonight. Shoot. I'll check it out in the Am.

I have been liquifing in the blender for years....but I LOVE the idea of the turkey burner.

Just to be clear I do this cold . No blanching and peeling . I got the idea last year as we had lots of cherry tomatoes . Blanching and peeling them was not practical . This eliminates the loss of flesh that often goes with peeling . Plus no fuel to blanch . Cuts down on heat in the house . Then I already was blanching outside on the turkey burner .

Goodmorning... There is some stunning birds here... ALOT OF NICE BIRDS! There is one pair of White Orpingtons that are absolutely stunning! I am hoping for at least a blue ribbon... My birds are a lot younger than some here... So we will see. I have decided to sell a pair and a trio of Silkies if anyone is interested in some breeder quality Partridge Silkies.

Good Morning Chickeners . . . .
So nice to hear from you Rhetts. I totally get it about the computer being in the house and you being outside. And the phone thing.
BC - Parents are so o o important. Praying for your Dad's recovery and about the surgery itself.
Holm - We looked for you last year at the Fair but you weren't around when we were. I wonder if we will even make it to the Fair this year. But if we do we will look for you again and at least get to see your birds.
TFred - LOVE the penciling on those birds. So beautiful
Hope each of you have a wonderful day!

Last batches of tomato sauce processing . Yield 28 jars . 22 quarts 3 -24 ounce and 3 pints . DW is gone which is best . She hates anyone in the kitchen and yes I do clean up . I was always welcome in Mom's kitchen . I helped her . As a result I can cook , can or make jelly . Even learned to make cookies and fruit pies . Fruit is my favorite type of pie .

Last batches of tomato sauce processing . Yield 28 jars . 22 quarts 3 -24 ounce and 3 pints . DW is gone which is best . She hates anyone in the kitchen and yes I do clean up . I was always welcome in Mom's kitchen . I helped her . As a result I can cook , can or make jelly . Even learned to make cookies and fruit pies . Fruit is my favorite type of pie .
I got 30 pints of tomato sauce out of my freezer tomatoes. Good thing - I only had one jar of sauce left in the pantry!

Two of my grandchildren have been visiting since Tuesday. Sam is 10 and Ellie is 8. This grandma is tired of the scary stories that they keep telling and the fear that they invoke in each other. What is with that? THIS Grandma is tired of the talk-talk. Too much T.V.; Too much freedom to chose the negative conversation. Not enough chores . . . . LOL Do I sound like a grandma? Yep. Time for a quiet time.

Back
Top Bottom