Surviving Minnesota!

Layers that stinks! Too early for snow and frozen hoses. I am hoping to use hose until the first of November, knowing they will freeze at night but thaw by 11am. :fl:fl

@MNChickMom That coop is amazing, When I was there and your described it I never realized how big it was going to be!! I am officially jealous.

I did my daily lapper training with KnuckleHead and knothead. They are getting better. I have a couple of pictures of Knucklehead on my knee.
IMG_7851 (2).JPG

You can see here my hand is not even on him, Look at the grin he has! He is really learning to love the handling and cuddling.
IMG_7846 (2).JPG

And here he is standing and enjoying our time together, I have my hand on his back but I am hardly holding him at all. I can see a "Cuddling" Badge in his future.

Thinking about winter watering with all this talk of freezing hoses....

Will soft water hurt the chickens? All of my indoor water is soft.
I doubt soft water will hurt. I have given it to my birds and they seem to be just fine.

Well I have a friend taking one of my extra mutt cockerels for predator bait. Something came and killed 14 chickens and I'm thinking it's a mink as nothing else could get to them. They are right on a nice little stream where my brother and I trap raccoons. It will be in a cage so it won't get eaten but they are gonna have to keep him because I don't want the bird coming back to my flock after he has been with other birds...

Back
Top Bottom