Surviving Minnesota!

Heck, it was 80 here (in the shade, which is not where I’ve been, alas)—my dermatologist would scold, but it’s either my offensive ball cap and ear muffs or cowboy hat and none, so golf cap it is... on a cement slab. Inside recovering (I’m old, too) for the final push: hanging the door and moving the heavy thing (fresh green-treated wood) out onto grass. I’m not gonna move it up onto the hill, though. It’ll be lighter to move up there in a week.

I got some preteen chicks n poults in the tractor! They were the ones I could catch. :hmm I was too tired to try for more, but I got all but one of the biggest ones out (ten), so that’s gotta help some. The “mama” I gave them pecked me when I grabbed a poult but she didn’t protest at all when I took the bigger (snotty, wild) chicks.

We got about .20 inches last night, some big thunder and lightning though. Finally a day below upper 80s today so we got a lot done.
I am starting to gear up for county fair, I am focusing more on Showmanship, cause heck my younger sister has me beat with her Bantam Wyandotte cock
20190608_180521.jpg

I am just so busy now so I have bad to put my Jersey heifer up for sale. I may have found a family that is willing to milk her for the summer until I can find someone in the fall. If I had more time I would definently keep her and show her. And her calf is getting big and cuter by the day, I can't wait to see the horns
20190608_173453.jpg
20190608_175024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom