Surviving Minnesota!

Holm, I am somewhat confused by what you have posted.  Why if you sell the geese would you wish to get other geese.  An intelligent young man such as you, who also has a natural talent for marketing ice cubes to Eskimos.  Surely you know the income potential from another quality chicken breed would be much higher than with geese?
There are only so many hours in a day, so many days in a week, so many weeks in a year and so many years in a life.  One can hardly afford to squander them on raising geese or ducks for that matter?
If you have any doubts about this, don't just take my word for it.  Consult with an expert in the field, such as Duluth Ralphie.

My hope in the next year or two is to raise an old heritage breed of a couple types of poultry. I am most likely going with the Toulouse geese, Buckeye chickens, Narragansett turkeys and probably no ducks. But I may get some good quality Rouens. I love my different types of poultry. I am an easter egg when it comes to poultry. So many different colors (well breeds I guess) and I like that.

Oh my gosh! They r beautiful! R u the guy that always has a bunch of different wacky duck breeds for sale on craigslist??

Ralphie, I am afraid there is little hope of getting this young lad reformed of his addictive waterfowl ways!!

Holm, you do know that special permits and regulations are required to have waterfowl that are not of domestic breeds?

Oh my gosh! They r beautiful! R u the guy that always has a bunch of different wacky duck breeds for sale on craigslist??

No I don't sell anything on craigs list. I'm a private breeder just starting out in wilds. This will actualy be my first year breeding wilds. 2nd year breeding mandarines. I sell moste of my stuff at the sale in hutch. But I been in poetry for years. Started out with pigeons and got sick of them. Then got call ducks. Sold all of them this spring exept two pair. Just have chickens. Wild ducks. The two pair of calls. And sum runners now.

Ralphie, I am afraid there is little hope of getting this young lad reformed of his addictive waterfowl ways!!

Holm, you do know that special permits and regulations are required to have waterfowl that are not of domestic breeds?

Yeah. I dont think I will ever raise non domestic waterfowl. They r beautiful but I would rather help preserve an old heritage breed

Yes it's worth noting I have a game farm licence and a fedral waterfowl sales and desposal permit. In mn your best off to get and game farm licence shortly after you get your birds. It is illegal to propagate wild waterfowl without it. Then you have the fedral licence to sell them or dispose of them in any way.

The reason I love waterfowl so much is because it is perfect here. All I have to do is fill there feeder, pick eggs and clean the coop. They have a stream that the swim in all day so they dont even make a mess.

Back
Top Bottom