Surviving Minnesota!

Sorry getting back so late been building auction cages and also I actually don't have WiFi. So it takes me a little time to emai back. It starts at 9:15 am and there is a entrance fee of around 5 dollars I also found the site for witch you can get everything on it even the auctioneer's number call chuck. He is a super guy he can tell you everything that's usually there. Hope u can make it.
http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Tri-State_Exotic_Bird_Animal_Auction.html
Was it today? Did you get anything?

Quote: Me too! i bought the lye, some tallow (what kind of fat do you all use?) I got a couple of soap making books and have started watching the you tube videos. tired of paying 4-5 bucks a bar. But it is soooo nice! want to try and make it. Just need to pick up a mold and a couple of other things. soon!

Looks like it is going to warm up nicely next week. Can't wait for that!

Mom has been home less than 24 hours and the problems have started.

Judy had her over here for supper last night. When she was getting ready to go back home she said " Oh, I need some eggs".

Judy said "sure" and gave her a cartoon of eggs.

This morning I was getting eggs ready to hatch and see how many I had to go into the incubators. I could not find my cartoon of my "combless BA's". I know they are pea comb, but I call them combless..... in that cartoon was my Speckled Sussex eggs and some EE I picked out based on egg color.

I did found them though, in Mom's refrigerator. She couldn't leave them out like I do!! NO NO NO she had to put them in her fridge!.....

So I am now going to see if a night in the fridge kills the eggs.........

Mom has been home less than 24 hours and  the problems have started.

Judy had her over here for supper last night. When she was getting ready to go back home she said " Oh, I need some eggs".

Judy said "sure" and gave her a cartoon of eggs.

This morning I was getting eggs ready to hatch and see how many I had to go into the incubators.  I could not find my cartoon of my "combless BA's".  I know they are pea comb, but I call them combless.....  in that cartoon was my Speckled Sussex eggs and some EE I picked out based on egg color.

I did found them though, in Mom's refrigerator.  She couldn't leave them out like I do!! NO NO NO she had to put them in her fridge!.....

So I am now going to see if a night in the fridge kills the eggs.........

I don't think it does. What temperature was her refrigerator, I've kept duck eggs in the fridge for 1 week and then used them. But then again duck eggs are a totally different story

Back
Top Bottom