Surviving Minnesota!

Coffee stopped over late this afternoon. She was "complaining" about not having any broody hens and chicks. Telling Judy how much she wanted to see chicks.

Judy told her she should take a tour of the "chick shed" to see some chicks. I must have close to 200 in there right now.

Coffee toured and left with 8 teenagers. They she complained Judy sent her to the shed on purpose knowing she (Coffee) would buy a bunch.

Hi All,,, Long time since I've been around, my internet still sucks so i thought i would drive into town to post something... Love my farm LOVE LOVE it... it is keeping me super busy, we put up back yard fence started redoing couple of the buildings, we are almost finished with the new deck it wraps around 2 sides of house so it is 49 x 49 x 12,,3 staircases and a 22 ft ramp. I have been dealing with trying to catch a couple raccoon's but they seem smarter then me,,, 1 of them is stealing my eggs and when i went to go into coop he stood up and hissed at me IF i was thinking i should have shut the door and locked him in till i could (((( well set him free,,,LOL)))) but i wasn't thinking that quick... and his butt is to big for the live trap he can get in there and he is so big the door just hits his butt and after he eats his walleye and lobster he justs backs out...he has not eaten a chicken yet but he did eat my mamma turkey and her babies... James the Rooster that i got from Ralphie will be going to the crock pot very soon He is Huge and gives me the stink eye and doesn't like me near the coop or his girls he will come after me whenever he gets the chance i had to beat him off with the water bucket a couple days ago. But his brother Roostie is so such a sweetheart he will be around as long as he loves me.. I have 1 girl that knows how to get out of being mounted,,, she pretends to be dead when they come up behind her she lays on the ground and doesn't move they will walk in circles around her and kick her to move but she wont. I thought at 1st that they had killed her i had to go check her out, then after couple times i thought she just must be fainting its either that or playing dead...Well today I went to Ralphies to visit sit and chat BUT right before I left JUDY says to take and show me the big bldg ,,,,YEAH she knew what she was doing,,LOL,,, she is a sly 1 she is.... I left with 8 more chickens,,LOL... I blame it ALL on her,,, AND while i was there he sold 6 dozen eggs and i noticed she was handed the money,, So no matter what she says i think she makes it easy for Ralphie to have his chicken and turkey addiction... she might be alittle addicted herself and wants others to become addicted 2...LOL...Love them Both. OK i gotta get back home so will try and come back here soon,, take care all Stay Healthy and Happy,,,,

Sunshine! Yea! Good Morning Chickeners. Rise and shine its breakfast time. And the Vet with one of the dogs for a booster and then card shopping for two priest friends who just had their 40th anniversaries.

Home again, home again where I will hop on here to find out how everyone is.

Hope it is a good morning for each of you.

Morning Ivie...

I had lots of company yesterday. Besides Coffee Dandilioness stopped and visited. She brought me some Mike's! Judy tried to steal it. It was so good yesterday in the heat.

She took Dusty home with her. Her son asked to change his name, being honest as kids are he said he hated the name Dusty..... Good thing I did not name him.

She laughed at my BA rooster. Blackie the magnificent is having a little "molt" problem right now. In addition he is having relocation syndrome disorder, and refused to go into his new coop last night. He is now locked up there for the next week again along with his girls and Ray, the Original CLB roo. We spent over an hour getting them into the coop. It ended in a fish net story that was hard on Blackie's dignity.

I forgot to mention, Coffee did not get the birds she wanted. I needed to watch her every move, she was coveting my white sports.

That's what I decided to do.
I had some difficulties, I'm assuming because the duck was dead 15+ hours before I found them. So 3 were shrink wrapped helped them out and all 7 hatched and are living

Nice work. You'll have to post a new picture with all of the little ones
big_smile.png

Are you sure duck pictures are appropriate in mixed company, like this, that also contains minors?

I found a place for you, Ralphie. I already pre-registered you (no need to thank me). You get a complimentary duckling with each attended session as well as a pin that says "I Love Ducks". Don't suppress your love of waterfowl....embrace it. We're here for you.

Back
Top Bottom