Surviving Minnesota!

So my husband is moving me and the chickens to his hometown Laporte MN. I am from Indiana and have never left the state except for vacations. So what should I know? Are the chickens and myself going to be miserable lol in the cold?

Yes...

lau.gif

But you will get use to it.

Do not over insulate the coop, keep it draft free and well vented. What kind of chickens do you have? La Porte is in a great area, lots of lakes and woods. Winters have there own challenges and joys. Welcome to the thread, we hope to get to know you better.

You should be ecstatic to live in La Porte, you are only about 40 miles from the Center of the Universe. I have a Cabin and 40 acres which happen to be right at the epicenter of the universe. As soon as you get moved ask your hubby to take you to Togo!

Morning all you chicken pluckers . I have one I bought years ago from Stromberg's . It works ok but I am sure these tub type are much better . Ralphie you are a smart enough guy you could create plans to make one from old washer or dryer tubs . Sell the plans . Can you say knock off . As I recall you have or had extra washers / dryers around . Ralphie's homemade pluckers .

Morning all you chicken pluckers . I have one I bought years ago from Stromberg's . It works ok but I am sure these tub type are much better . Ralphie you are a smart enough guy you could create plans to make one from old washer or dryer tubs . Sell the plans . Can you say knock off . As I recall you have or had extra washers / dryers around . Ralphie's homemade pluckers .

I actually started one, BUT I realized the shells of the washers and dryers make great brooders. I plan to turn all of mine into brooders.

Back
Top Bottom