Surviving Minnesota!

The day I see Ralphie cuddling a duck is the day I tell Judy she might have to get a room in the loony house!
gig.gif
X2!!
lau.gif

Good evening all :)

Let's all hope and pray this is the last night of sub sub zero for a long time, PLEASE! I'm really ready for spring. On the bright side I havn't had any more frosting up of the water bucket, I'm pretty sure it just happened because the water was low, but I have supplemental water inside because I need to close the pop door when it's way below 0.

Cleaned the chicken coop out today, guess the good thing about winter is the poop is so frozen it just rolls right down the board and into the bag and I didn't get any smeared poop on my hands or in my hair and none on my clothes :) so the freezing weather is a bonus for something..

I have to say that attending class from my bedroom covered in my down blanket isn't so bad. I remember freezing in lecture halls at Minot State. Now at least I am warm! AND my kids did awesome! Quinten isn't home because he chose to travel to LOW today to ice fish until Sunday and I had to video call into my class. They knew they had to be quiet and I don't think anyone even knew I had children much less 5 of them! Here's to another 16 weeks of understanding mom has school! Now for the homework part of this mess I have myself in!

Girls basketball tonight. Up until 6 seconds before halftime it was 0-26. They had 12 points when I left.. the boys game will be much better tomorrow. We're rivals so that's always fun

I took the big scoop shovel down to the coop and banked some snow up against it. Adding insulation for the night. It piles really well on my nest box area...so now Im expecting to have non-cracked eggs! Ha. We'll see how that goes. -30. I see the temps have adjusted to -27 on my apps from -34 a day or so ago. I hope that is the case. At any rate we got the call tonight that school is delayed 2 hours. That's good. No need to be out there hustling kids in and out of vehicles when you can still get state dollars if they come in a couple hours later and a few degrees warmer. I'll admit I'm a big homebody with foul winter weather and keeping kids next to me in the house...makes me happy.

Ralphie. I'll skip the guineas. Tempting as the offer may be. Now Turkeys... there's something I WISH I could have. Although my feed bill is already interesting enough this year.

Back
Top Bottom