Surviving Minnesota!

After rain last evening it is a foggy dreary start to the day.  Chickens will love to free range and may find some garden hackle to consume.

Holms I am beginning to think that a career route for you may be as the next Dr. Pol associate ?  The love of animals may indicate an aptitude for veterinary science ?

Ralphie, Fosston is out in the boonies.  Will you be visiting Gonvick as long as you are in the vicinity ?  A trip of some exotic poultry search I suspect. 

It was I that had to go to Fosston today. If, you think Fosston is the boonies then I live in Timbuktu! I live about 40 min North of Fosston. I will be going through Gonvick on Friday though on our way to Grand Rapids for Jaycee state wrestling Friday and Saturday. Kehan wrestles Friday and Eli wrestles Saturday. We get to stay overnight in GR.

Ditto on the Vet vs. MD. Family practice MD's can see up to 28 patients a day.....with 24/28 being bat sh&% crazy pants. And I totally agree in regards the lawsuits. People are too sue happy nowadays. Be a large animal Vet, Holm. They make a little less than other Vets, but at least you'll be doing what you like. You could have your own reality show! Sweet.

Not only have we figured out your career, we're also taking care of your wedding. You're so lucky to have all of us. Just sayin'.

Question for you fine folks - I found a nest of hidden duck eggs. It's clear they're still adding to the nest and then I'm assuming one will take it over. I'm guessing it's around 6-8 days old. Do you think the chilly weather killed off any possibility of the eggs hatching?

Question for you fine folks - I found a nest of hidden duck eggs. It's clear they're still adding to the nest and then I'm assuming one will take it over. I'm guessing it's around 6-8 days old. Do you think the chilly weather killed off any possibility of the eggs hatching?

Not unless they froze, no. Extended temps under 0*C can damage them if there is ice crystals developing but otherwise they should be fine.

I would stomp on them to assure they never hatch. The world will thank you for this.

Holm, my dad was a vet. Never once heard the man complain about one of his patients. Even if he got bit or stomped, it was never blamed the animal. He would on occasion make rude comments about some of their owners. Growing up with a vet was fun! Never knew what he'd drag home "for observation ". We'd find boxes with injured wild animals on our porch all the time. I remember jumping into his truck at night, as a kid in my jammies, to run up to the office to check on patients. It was fun and he loved it. But its difficult getting into vet school these days. Some say harder than med school. Stay focused on your grades. Volunteer at a clinic, zoo or make sure you document your farming activities. All that makes a difference when applying. Its tough work, but my dad loved every minute!!

I can not keep up with how much you guys post. But it is great to check in and see all the posts from you great folks. Tons has happened. Traveled through Europe also went to Belize and than my daughter was married in Purta Vallarta. I am becoming a well traveled man all of a sudden in my old age. I have never been off the Continent until 2012.
Butt on to the big news!! New chickens!!
So far two Silkies thanks to Minniechickmama Locating a seller for me. Also one Road Island Red and a Black Australorp. Still waiting on two Easter Eggers. That will be next week!! :)

Looking good BR!...

I went to check under one of my 3, broodies to make sure there were no new eggs in there, and I found a chick under one and a dead chick under the other.

The third one just had her golf ball. So one of my PC/EE/legbar crosses is now going to try and raise a Yokohama.

Back
Top Bottom