Surviving Minnesota!

That sounds like chicken abuse. Poor Hen.

What do ya expect from me ? We already established that I am a Eyore .
lol.png

Here is a video of my chick that was not suppose to hatch until the 14th..It is a lone chick and I have no place to put it without it being too small..

0.jpg

I think she imprinted on my hands. Wherever I move my hands she goes.

Minnesotanice I never did eat any Scovy eggs. But I eaten my Pekin eggs. Speaking of Pekin eggs the old bitty laid her first egg two nights ago and another last night.

Last edited:
Here is a video of my chick that was not suppose to hatch until the 14th..It is a lone chick and I have no place to put it without it being too small..

0.jpg

I think she imprinted on my hands. Wherever I move my hands she goes.

Do you have pea soup on your key board again
gig.gif

Hello again everyone! I've been here before but haven't posted in many months!
So I am trying my first hatch with 5 BO/Red laced Wyandotte crosses and 2 pekin/Rouan duck cross. On day 16 and candled yesterday, all are doing good and could see them moving.

I got a very small incubator (only holds 9 eggs) and so far it is doing its job, but I don't care for how small it is and the only way to see inside is to take the top off.(Which I don't want to keep doing, if I am not candling.)

I have been looking at all the different incubators out there and sooo many are out there!
I know I want one that has an auto Turner, a good size window, gauges, forced air.

Something I have also noticed with the incubator I have, 2 of the eggs I have on one side seem to be developing faster then the rest. The air sacs are good, and the chicks are still moving, but it's hard to see in anymore. Yet, all my other eggs seem to be behind those two. All the eggs were set at the same time.

Does anyone have advice on which ones are good and which to stay away from? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm going to have to catch up on posts someime this weekend haven't had time to read any!

First track meet is tomorrow I was really only wanting to do the 300m hurdles and 200 dash. But coach is putting me in the 400, I don't want to run the 400 but I guess if they want me to I will, I've only ever done it in a relay before as a 7th grader and that relay didn't go over well the girl I handed of to, not the brightest started running backwards when I was handing off to her
1f611.png
. I might be doing high jump tomorrow not sure though, today was my first time ever going over and I just need to hip thrust and I could probably get to 5' 8" in it at least since today I cleared 5' 6", barely. We were supposed to run a 4×4 tomorrow, everyone runs a 400, and my older sister was supposed to be the 2nd leg but she can't make it to the meet. The 4×4 is the only event any girl other then me has a chance in qualifying in on our team, and even with that I would have to book it but i really want my sister and my friend to qualify since my friend hardcore believe she will qualify in the 100 or 200, but most of us do not think she will since puberty affected her pretty well and slowed her down and I really want her to go to state at least once in her life
Either way wish us luck!

Back
Top Bottom