Surviving Minnesota!

I mean how in the hail does a stray who was scared to death of people end up spayed? She came from a dog run up by the Turtle Mountain Reservation and they do a spay thing there but I dont know how you would go about spaying a stray and them releasing them afterwards? And they pretty much know she wasnt someones pet because they fou d many dogs just like her frozen solid or hit by cars?

Maybe she was part of someone's eating dog pack.... Some people prefer domestic dog to wolf for dinner you know..

gig.gif

morning everyone....freezing rain here so far...we are expected to get up to an inch of rain today, makes for a dreary day but the rain is needed.

Does anyone know if a mouse will kill a day old chick? I found a small hole in the far north corner of my coop coming up through the deep bedding - small enough for a mouse to come through. I am just trying to figure out how my chick might have died the other day?

Silly me...I took out all the heated water dishes and this morning the water was frozen for the horses and the chickens. I use a heated dog water dish for the chickens...it worked this winter until it got around -10 then I had ice on the top.

had to remove all the deep water dishes so the chicks wouldn't drown and of course the water dish I have now that just lets water dribble out as they drink was frozen solid this morning!

You have horses? Can I see
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom