Surviving Minnesota!

Ticks are bad this year, eh. I got guineas for ticks last year---useless beasts wouldn't go out of the run, they were too scared. I hope you get "normal" guineas.
Absolutely horrible! I recently moved into an old farmhouse on acreage which has been neglected for 20-plus years and everything is severely overgrown. A tick on me just about every time I go outside is a little much! I hope I get normal ones as well LOL thanks for the heads up

Got coon problems . Broke into a pen . Been fixing pen . 2 will not do that again . Really did not need this . Travel day tomorrow . Knee is getting better after the shot Friday . Really hot and humid here today . Always a big push to get ready to leave .

Got coon problems . Broke into a pen . Been fixing pen . 2 will not do that again . Really did not need this . Travel day tomorrow . Knee is getting better after the shot Friday . Really hot and humid here today . Always a big push to get ready to leave .

Glad you got the coon.. Whatever took my PC rooster has not been back....

I have the PC locked up now, I need to do some test breeding with them. I am even going to give old Ed another chance to breed....If he ever decides to stop doing daycare on the toads.

It is a little weird having a huge old roosters with pretty good sized sharp spurs, acting as a broody hen....

I would suppose that is because of the way he was cuddled, hugged kissed and treated like a little girl as a chick and teen.... He is always wanting to kiss me on the lips, but I draw the line at that...He says he last owner always kissed him on the lips..... silly bird..

Too funny, Ralphie, about your roo!

Jerry, make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids!! Heat and humidity can creep up quick and smack ya around. Hate all the crap that seems to happen when you are trying to get ready to go somewhere. Hope the rest of the coons leave you be.

I had my first Guinea hatch about 2 minutes ago. No pips whenever i checked eggs this morning.

DoeandGander I would love to help you out but the most I could do right now is maybe hatching eggs. After I lost Guineas (of course I only lost females) I am short on numbers so won't be selling any young stock.

I had my first Guinea hatch about 2 minutes ago. No pips whenever i checked eggs this morning.

DoeandGander I would love to help you out but the most I could do right now is maybe hatching eggs. After I lost Guineas (of course I only lost females) I am short on numbers so won't be selling any young stock.

That is amazing how that works, my BIL at Wadena got 10 guineas from me last fall. He has 4 left..all males.

60% reduction in numbers over winter is better than expected for him though, if you look at the bright side.

In my experience, Guineas are fantastic tick eradicators. That said mine were good at self culling. They went everywhere when allowed to free range which resulted in losses to coyotes most frequently. They also liked to roost for the night outside in the Pines which resulted in some lost to Great Horned Owls. They want to nest out in the bush which means losses to varmints. Better get lots of them.

Back
Top Bottom