Surviving Minnesota!

Some of you were asking for better pictures. DW sent these today.
Resized_20170822_094056.jpeg
Resized_20170822_093943.jpeg
Resized_20170822_094020.jpeg
Resized_20170822_094034.jpeg

I Spyed on Mike now!!!

Interesting ducky legs on the one Pullet dark legs on the other...... Beautiful penciling on them...Darn.

I need to get a peek at his birds anyway I can. He is such a good breeder! (He is in Jerry's class, sigh).....

Hi All! Jumping in from out of nowhere I know.

I have a question for those that raise meat birds (@duluthralphie ) I remember we had talked about it awhile ago about how to feed them to slow the growth just slightly and use some free ranging. I can't find the details. Anyone care to share how they do things? How long to keep feed in front of them or not or ?? I tried reading things on here but get mixed messages. I just got the chicks today so I hope I haven't messed things up too bad yet. :)

Hey Rhett! Nice to see you back.

I use to let them feed at will for a couple days, then limit them to 20 minutes morning and night. Force them to free range a little, or in a tractor to keep them safe.

Make sure the water and feed are not close. It will slow them down, but they will get bigger and taste better In my Opinion.

Do not be such a stranger! Stop by soon.

Thanks for the tips!!

I really do think of you guys often. I just never find myself on the computer much. Remember I don't have those fancy phones like you all do so I have to actually physically be inside on the computer. I think too that this summer I over extended myself thinking I could do more than I am able too. But things are slowing down now and I am looking forward to cooler days with less goings on. might mean more coffee time on here.

I had a hen hatch out chicks for the first time ever on my farm and the first thing I thought of was telling you guys. :lol: I was stoked! Knew you guys would totally get my enthusiasm.
Saw some beautiful birds at our county fair. Wow. Anyone here still showing?

Back
Top Bottom