Surviving Minnesota!

Ralphie: I should have clarified my warning on swap meets a little better. That was kind of my fault leading the thread that direction. I just remember you mentioning a swap in pierz was it? That had wishy washy paperwork for animals etc...? Idk.... as always I should keep my mouth shut ... lol

Last edited:
Jerry. Sister wants a lav pullet with cheeks and I'll take a black one to keep her company. I like the black birds for free ranging (look like big crows to the aerial preds)I've got two blue girls now...

Ralphie: I should have clarified my warning on swap meets a little better. That was kind of my fault leading the thread that direction. I just remember you mentioning a swap in pierz was it? That had wishy washy paperwork for animals etc...? Idk.... as always I should keep my mouth shut ... lol

No, you were correct to mention they can have problems, the one in Pierz was an auction. That I will never go to again.

There is one in Stillwater I would avoid too. Those that follow the rules are pretty save as the birds are tested.

I forgot to mention I just got in from a full 10 minutes of picking "shrimp of the woods"..

I got about a half Mike's box full of shrimp. Mike's box is the standard used to measure Mushrooms in Minnesota.

IMG_7558.JPG

IMG_7560 (2).JPG

They still need to be cleaned.

Apparently, I should just keep my mouth shut, also. I came on here hoping to make friends with my fellow Minnesotan chicken keepers, but guess I just ended up offending people instead.

@erlibrd Foxy is doing great. She had been staying at the camper with kids during Rollag and sleeping or walking around. She 3 different meds 4 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom