Surviving Minnesota!

So I tilled up some dirt in a nice shady spot by the coop and I put out some low dishes of water for the chickens when it was so hot this weekend (101F both days). And what do they do instead?

IMG_3674.jpg

Actually it's funny you mentioned it. We actually made our annual trip today. . currently at sonic having an ice cream waiting for the doc to come back from lunch so I can talk to him about my birds. :th
They are really good doggies. . but since I go by myself I've always kinda been paranoid about if they should get freaked out in the car or something. I have seatbelt leashes so I may as well use them! Better safe than sorry. :frowView attachment 1409539 View attachment 1409540

I love these yeller dogs....

Upon further introspection and advice seeking (for the 18th time) I've decided that I'm keeping all 3 cockerels until they get too loud to keep. I may find a darker one to replace my rooster. Mine is pretty red.

I've also decided to keep all of the pullets another couple of weeks. After moving everyone outside I think Ive got room to keep them longer. That should give me some more time to hmm and haw over which ones to keep.

I will bother you all with that at a later date.

Hola... Picked up a second bull today and got the cattle moved over to the east pasture...

Had someone message me and ask if I would sell them birds... FIRST they asked if I would HAUL birds to Fargo for them and I said NO! THEN THEY ASKED IF I'D SETTLE ON $2 A FRICKEN BIRD BECAUSE THEY LIVE 40 MINUTES AWAY AND THAT'S AN AWFUL LONG DRIVE! It took all I had to be nice...

Back
Top Bottom