Surviving Minnesota!

STOP! STOP ALL THE NONSENSE ABOUT THAT WHITE CRAP BECOMING A REALITY.

I am not ready for the white fungus so therefore it can not come! I need at least another month, to prepare physically and well mentally I am never really prepared for it. I guess it is reality as my husband did schedule the annual youth snowmobile safety class. (He is an instructor.)

I just signed up 22 birds between my kids and I in the junior and open show in Hutchinson. Show takes place on Saturday October 26th. We hope to have a large showing of Bantam Buckeye's properly conditioned.

If you are coming down for the day and just want to socialize, my family will be heading over to Pizza Ranch in Hutchinson for supper between 6 and 6:30pm. We would love to see you there! There is also a dinner hosted by Minnesota Poultry Association honoring Richard Andree. Richard is a very deserving recipient of this honor.

Looks like it’s gonna be sunny and 70 the next few days:cool:

2A55BEC7-C83B-41E3-9C55-85DE778ED1BA.png

Looks like it’s gonna be sunny and 70 the next few days:cool:

View attachment 1930911
This really bothers me.

I have been holding you up as an excellent example of a person that was homeschooled...

Now I find out you cannot read. You might as well have attended Minneapolis public schools....:barnie

We sat in our long sleeves at a football game last night. I mean after the sun went down it was still 66 degrees. Not 40s. No winter coats required even though I lugged it around and into the stands. It was 71 while we were driving over. We played Warroad (they requested the game be moved up 2 days) So that's what we did.

I must confess I do not want Winter. Ever since my kids started driving I don't like it.
There's alot for me to do with the coop and the sodden covered run. It is a covered Run yes and sodden. The exuberant rains we've had gone in sideways and the roof probably has kept it from drying out during the nice days. once I wrap it. Wheel barrow out the rotting hay/leaves and general debris I should be able to fluff it up. The local hardware store a town over received a truckload of oat-straw squares. Thank you Straw-gods. DS picked me up 6 bales that will fluff out the coop this winter and I'll have something nice in the run for Sentry and the girls too. Along with the oak leaves. Those haven't come down yet! though. All the yellows have turned yellow out there (usually the last) and the maples are still hanging on. Truly a beautiful fall. The White Fungal Blast will no doubt put a dent in our leafy glowing paradise. Sigh....

Snow, snow and snow. And lots of ice on the roads, school wasn't delayed we did a full day. The highway was solid ice with drifts this morning. Now heading to a volleyball game that somehow wasn't cancelled, interstate is mostly solid ice with some drifts further east. This is an interesting day

Hope to see you guys in Hutchinson! I have 37 birds entered (dear lord what was I thinking). I was just hanging out with the owners of the Hutch pizza ranch tonight and they told me I have to come visit them too while we are up there. I have a room reserved for Friday night but I have to get home and feed my horses & birds Saturday afternoon. Sunday is a going to be a rushed affair...coop out and still try and make it into work by 2pm.

Hey Ralphie I have something right up your alley this weekend in New Ulm. ;) The International Waterfowl Breeders Association is having their show. 1140 or so entries and all ducks and geese!!!!!!! I have 12 muscovies to coop in at noon tomorrow and head into work again too.

Ralphie it appears that you may have lucked out ? It is not raining here at the moment although we did get about 6 tenths of an inch yesterday.
My chickens are out free ranging and their feeder in the coop is full, so they can go in or out as they wish. the real sh__ will hit the fan tomorrow I guess ?
I have become so used to this weather that last evening as the wife and I were leaving the house for dinner with friends I said to her it really is not too bad out. That is putting a positive spin on the weather we have had.
Ralphie perhaps you can entice the Sasquatch family to wade in the water to pull the dock and deal with the beaver issue ?

Back
Top Bottom