Surviving Minnesota!

Internet back on . Ugh frustrating . Rained and internet stayed off until it stopped and sun came out . Water getting in I say . Now to convince the tech when he comes Tuesday . Every thing checks out to the pole . 3 new modems installed . So I think it is the main line back to where it branches off for me .
We beam ours in from the outer atmosphere... We are accustomed to irregularities, but one of us still cusses at his computer... :lau :rant:gig

DH had a mild heart attack yesterday, he was removing the old shingles from the roof of the house and felt bad so got down and came in the house. I drove him to the dr then to the hospital. He is having the dye test done now to see about a blockage I guess. Wish him well Peeps 💕
I am sorry to hear that but I am glad that he went in right away so it wasn’t worse.

Good morning, MN! I am a newbie (just got my chicks in June). Now that there is a frost warning for tonight (what's up with THAT?!) I am wondering if my 3 month old chicks are old & grown enough to get through this without some sort of heat source...? Any advice? Should I close their run door and try to hold the heat in better?

Good morning, MN! I am a newbie (just got my chicks in June). Now that there is a frost warning for tonight (what's up with THAT?!) I am wondering if my 3 month old chicks are old & grown enough to get through this without some sort of heat source...? Any advice? Should I close their run door and try to hold the heat in better?

I would keep the door of the coop open so long as you have a secure run. They need to get used to the cooling weather before it gets really cold. I don't close the coop door -pop door, until it's 10 below. You don't want a cold breeze blowing in on them but you do need good ventilation.

I would keep the door of the coop open so long as you have a secure run. They need to get used to the cooling weather before it gets really cold. I don't close the coop door -pop door, until it's 10 below. You don't want a cold breeze blowing in on them but you do need good ventilation.
Thank you! There are 2 small windows in the coop also and ventilation vents in the ceiling, still keep the run (very secure) door open? Just trying to do the best for my "chicas".

Back
Top Bottom