Well crud! Yes, I will probably have to rehome one of them. I don't mind keeping them, but from what I have read they will fight each other.. do they always do that? Our flock is 14 total, including these two... Thanks again for reply!
I have kept 2 roos but with around 20+ hens. They were raised together. They divided up the ladies and gave each other space mostly. I will say they need a lot of space for this work and often it just does not work out. When working with animals esp 2 roosters always have a back up plan.

I have kept 2 roos but with around 20+ hens. They were raised together. They divided up the ladies and gave each other space mostly. I will say they need a lot of space for this work and often it just does not work out. When working with animals esp 2 roosters always have a back up plan.
Ok, thanks so much. We have a decent size meadow (about 1/2 acre) but fencing to keep them protected from vultures/hawks/etc. is pretty expensive.. We are currently using Omlet fence with some bird netting draped on top and that's been working. Not sure 6 or 7 hens per rooster would work but maybe we can wait and see. I will also post to see if there is someone interested on Craigslist or here.. We are in Oregon now.

Back
Top Bottom