Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show - 2013!

Pete is the one, I had one of the babies. He is looking for a home if your interested. $50 he is a year. He is a sweetheart but is to aggressive in breeding with a smaller goose we have.

Where can I find more information, such as a schedule for this show? At njstatefair.org all I can find out is that the event is on 5/18, but nothing more specific. There seems to be an information session at 10, but is this for visitors, or people who show their chickens, or vendors? Are there any other events during the show that one may want to attend? If this was posted and I missed it, I apologize.

Last edited:
Thewarriorchild,

My goose is doing pretty well in the same coop with the chickens for now. He made friends with one of my white hens and follows her around everywhere. My dad and I decided we are going to see if this arrangement works out so we only have to deal with one coop while I am away at school. The chicken coop is also a lot nice than the older coop the geese were in, so if it seems to work, my dad can restore the shed they were in and use it for tractor storage instead.

Where can I find more information, such as a schedule for this show? At njstatefair.org all I can find out is that the event is on 5/18, but nothing more specific. There seems to be an information session at 10, but is this for visitors, or people who show their chickens, or vendors? Are there any other events during the show that one may want to attend? If this was posted and I missed it, I apologize.

NJStateFair has nothing to do with us, except as a venue. I post that site for directions.

There's only a couple of things going on at a scheduled time. The Info Session at 10am is designed for first-time exhibitors and visitors, so they can learn how to get the most out of the show - how the show is set up, what the marks on the coop tags mean, how to meet the breeders whose birds you like, what the judges are looking for, etc. After the show info, we discuss general chicken-related questions, since a show is the best place for that. At around 1:30 is the Ticket Auction. Junior Showmanship goes on most of the day - I can try and find out a specific time if that's what you're after. Judging starts at 9am - there is no scheduled time for an end to that - it's when the judges are finished. Generally, for a one-day show, that's somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30, although it's been as early as 2pm and as last as 4:30pm. The rest of the time is for checking out the show hall and the sale area, and meeting up with breeders and friends. AND buying up all of the goodies at the Bake Sale table! (hint, hint.)

Quote:
Alright, this sounds good. It helps sell the visit to the long suffering wife, so thanks. This is our first show, so we just visit to get an impression. I'm taking the hint though!

anyone bringing Muscovy ducklings to the sale my ducklings turned out to be runners. Any takers? mommies little pencils
big_smile.png

Quote:
Well, you can tell your wife there's a great little collection of antique shops and boutiques just down the road on Rt. 15. She can drop you off and enjoy her own day. There's also The Chatterbox, a great 50's style diner, right around the corner. Thanks for taking the hint! Make sure she drops you off by the 10am Info Session!
can we coop in the sale birds the night before also I'm coming and staying over. If not what do I do with them? I can tleave them in the car over night peeeeee uuuuuuu

Suck it up, lady. I've left my birds in the car overnight many times, and driven with a carload over 12 hours - talk about stink! That's what Febreeze is for!

The sale barn is an open pole barn, so I don't recommend leaving the birds in the sale cages. Some people have left them in their carriers in the show barn overnight, but you'd best be there by eight to take them out, and out of the way, if you choose that route. Where are you staying? I've already got my reservation at Homewood Suites. Going to see Star Trek after coop-in!

Well, you can tell your wife there's a great little collection of antique shops and boutiques just down the road on Rt. 15. She can drop you off and enjoy her own day. There's also The Chatterbox, a great 50's style diner, right around the corner. Thanks for taking the hint! Make sure she drops you off by the 10am Info Session!

Suck it up, lady. I've left my birds in the car overnight many times, and driven with a carload over 12 hours - talk about stink! That's what Febreeze is for!

The sale barn is an open pole barn, so I don't recommend leaving the birds in the sale cages. Some people have left them in their carriers in the show barn overnight, but you'd best be there by eight to take them out, and out of the way, if you choose that route. Where are you staying? I've already got my reservation at Homewood Suites. Going to see Star Trek after coop-in!

oh poop!
gig.gif
staying at the best western (lots of points) can I come to Star Trek with you? so you leave them in the car the whole day? do we need our own feed and feed cups and bedding?

Back
Top Bottom