Svart Hona Hatching Eggs - Local Pickup - Augusta County, Virginia

Kindercare

Songster
7 Years
Apr 18, 2016
Virginia
I have Svart Hona hatching eggs available. Local pickup only Augusta County, Virginia. I might consider drop offs (for an additional $20) if you are along the 81 N to 66 E corridors.

Price: $5 per egg. Breeding stock is from Orchard Hill Poultry and Cedar Crest Farms, a mix of GFF and Ewe Crazy lines. Fertility is excellent.

All my birds are free range with organic feed.

Last edited:
All,

I've got up to 12 pure Svarthona chicks and 6 Swedish Bluebar x Svarthona (so blue or black with green eggs) hatching this weekend. Local pickup only. PM me if you are interested. Can vaccinate if desired.

Update for interested people. Out of eggs at the moment (I will let you know when I've got eggs again), lots of chicks though and more coming soon.

Out of my most recent hatch, I had 16% with silver feather leakage and 36% with a white toe or nail. In my experience, most of the white toes grow out over time. I have never had a bird with comb leakage. That said, I don't sell the chicks that show leakage signs.

I'd be curious to hear if rates are similar for you? I know Ayam Cemani breeders have to cull pretty substantially.

I'm only just starting out with fibro's, but the 5 chicks I bought were from GFF lines and while the parent hens were perfect, the rooster did have comb leakage. One pullet and one cockerel have perfect feathers, toes, and combs (lost the pullet to a freak accident). One pullet has significant leakage (practically half white) and a mulberry comb, one pullet has some silver leakage and middle white toes but a good comb, and one pullet is perfect except for middle white toes on both feet.

Seems like a toss up (overall I mean), however it sounds like your numbers are better than a lot of peoples. Could you PM me?

All,

I have Svart Hona eggs back in stock. $5 a piece local pickup or local delivery.

I also have day old chicks available.
-Svart Honas (6 available), $20 each
2018-05-08 14.42.57.jpg

Swedish Bluebar crosses (All are BBS w/ blue feathers that have a chance of laying blue/green eggs), $10 each.
2018-05-08 14.43.43.jpg

Please PM if interested.

Back
Top Bottom