Sweet, friendly Frizzle rooster, Fitz, needs a loving home - Vancouver, WA Portland, OR

TheLittleGarden

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
We have the sweetest little rooster, Fitz, who needs to go to a loving home that feels their chickens are pets. He is just 13 weeks old. Fitz sprained his leg about 2 weeks ago and is now doing great, but this meant he was living inside with us and has become attached to us (and we've become very attached to him). I am moving back to the city in a few months, so want to find Fitz a great new home! He rides in the front seat with me for visits to my mom's house and makes friends with her girls that come up to the kitchen. Yesterday, I came home and he had hopped up with my little cousin to watch a movie with her. He loves sleeping on rugs. He loves trying to snuggle with my housemate's dog. He's talkative and likes to be by people.

I'm not looking for him to be a permanent house rooster,

I just want him to go to a great home that spends time with their flock and really enjoys their sweet personalities.

We live between Olympia and Tacoma and would like to have him. We have a couple of silkies and a frizzle and think the banties are just the cutest thing. We do have a banty rooster, though, so we'd have to let him keep the full size chickens and give Fitz the banty girls. We have a couple of coops and a barn so that's not a problem. The chickens free range during the day behind an electric fence that encloses a few acres and at night put themselves to bed in the coop that has doors that automatically close after dark. Our chickens help us dig holes for landscaping, weed the vegetable garden, and remind us that sprawling in the dust on a hot day can be enjoyable. We have cat doors and dog doors into the house so if he wanted to come in to visit awhile, no problem. Our property is a good place to be a chicken - feeders, a pond, grasshoppers and interesting pets and people to follow around.
Pam

Hi Pam,

Your farm sounds like a great place for him! He's just such a sweet boy, I want him to have a happy little chicken life.

He is back to his normal active self now, but still starts to limp if he overdoes it (its been just under two weeks since he sprained his leg). I've been bringing him down to the little yard just outside my backdoor still during the day so he doesn't do too much running after the girls just yet. :) I think sprains usually take about 3 weeks to fully heal so I think another few days will just give him the benefit of being fully healed before he gets moved to a new home.

You are welcome to come down and get him or I am also actually going up to Bonney Lake on July 15th or 16th and wouldn't mind dropping him off. I'm not in a hurry to rehome him and would like him to stay another week just so I know he is 100% before I change up his little life. Let me know if you would like to come get him or would want to wait. I can also give you my phone number for texting if you prefer.

That would be great if you delivered him next month. It would probably be a comfort to you to be able to visualize where he is living. I'm a retired veterinarian so I will keep track of his healing process and put a wrap on the leg if he needs extra support. We can work out the details as the time approaches for your trip to Bonney Lake. Do you come up that back road off of I 5 that goes past Alpacas of America then through Tenino and Rainier? You can email me directly at [email protected] and I'll send you directions.

Back
Top Bottom