Sweet Revenge........

Quote:
gig.gif
Oh geez, I can just see my DD saying that.

Quote:
My dog dufus is pretty big too. An English Mastiff. 245 lbs of gentile giant who dose'nt like anything to pick on his family

32069_dufusride.jpg

My friend's neighbors used to have coyotes kill their sheep until my friend adopted a wolf-dog (not on purpose as I don't recommend them) and the coyotes immediately disappeared. Once the wolf-dog passed after 8 years on the ranch the coyotes came back fairly quickly. They then got the Anatolian and *poof* no coyotes again!

Quote:
Great protecters........ If your interested in this type of dog to protect your flock I highly recommend getting the dog from a rancher who has working bred and working parents. Talk to the rancher about the dogs what they are like, how to introduce them to other pets........ this IS a big deal. They are there to protect your flock from ALL unknown animals. You need to find out from the rancher how to introduce your dog (puppy) to a new pet. Also, ask the rancher for training advice. Information like that can save you trial and error.
I have friends in Wyoming who have 7 of these mixed with other guardian breeds and they just do not loose sheep anymore. Many ranchers use these types of dogs to protect there herds. I am actually totally shocked that ranchers around yellowstone do not have them to keep the wolves away from livestock.
Well....... enough already.

The lady with the 4 dogs and 4 city chickens

Last edited:
Another consideration .... A great pyrenees. One of the BYCers has a pair of them that bring the coyote's head home for praise. LOL

Another great protecter for chickens is you have more then an acre is a Llama. They will free range right beside your flock.
I would not recommend them for bear, cougars or wolves but great for coyotes, dogs, raccons, and such. I know they have been
known to stand up to mountain lions but they don't win. They look much bigger then they are. Meaning under 300 lbs. Many
of them even smaller. And they do not normally spit at humans....... mainly at each other. Spitting at humans is rare and
usually has a reason for it.

The lady with 4 dogs and 4 city chickens

Back
Top Bottom