Swollen eye

imacurler

In the Brooder
May 20, 2021
My hen is one year old she is a love and a fabulous layer. She is still laying by yesterday I noticed her eye looked funny it doesn’t have any discharge and is still open her other eye is normal she is eating and drinking. I separated her irrigated her eye applied an Ocular ointment and touched her with a little RX Incase it is respiratory. I don’t hear anything and she has no discharge? What else could it be?

Attachments

• AA8277CF-DFB9-4957-BCB1-3D95D2054CA4.jpeg
    AA8277CF-DFB9-4957-BCB1-3D95D2054CA4.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 14
My hen is one year old she is a love and a fabulous layer. She is still laying by yesterday I noticed her eye looked funny it doesn’t have any discharge and is still open her other eye is normal she is eating and drinking. I separated her irrigated her eye applied an Ocular ointment and touched her with a little RX Incase it is respiratory. I don’t hear anything and she has no discharge? What else could it be?
Is that a sting mark on the upper eyelid?
Lacking any respiratory symptoms, I'd be inclined to give her a 1/2 a dose of CHILDREN's Benadryl. No more than once every 24 hours.

Did your chicken turn out okay? What did you do for her? I have a similar issue currently, so I am curious?

Back
Top Bottom