Table Scraps

Our chickens get all of our table scraps every day. Onions, tomatoes, corn, salad, potatoes (they love potatoes!), minced meat, sausages, porridge, fruit, slices of bread that the kids didnt finish, pizza crusts, you name it. They're all doing fine, laying well and haven't been ill once for the last year. :)

Thanks you guys! I went on and fed the scraps to them this morning and they loved it. I also keep a head of cabbage in their coop for them to nibble on. It's funny though, I've bought them some scratch feed and I've noticed that they'll eat everything out of it except the sunflower seeds.
yippiechickie.gif

That's odd on the sunflower seeds b/c my chickens love sunflower seeds..I have bought a bag of just the seeds and in the evening time put some in my hand and they would run to me to eat them out of my hand

I fed them their head of cabbage today along with some apples slices. They flocked to the apples and loved them. All along the ground of their coop though there are all the sunflower seeds that are left from the scratch feed I give them. I find it crazy but they seem to like just about everything but that.

We read that we weren't to feed chickens potato and were very disappointed coz we eat a lot of the stuff! I've been reading on BYC that lots of people feed them potato, does that include peels? Has anyone found they affect their chickens in a bad way?

We read that we weren't to feed chickens potato and were very disappointed coz we eat a lot of the stuff! I've been reading on BYC that lots of people feed them potato, does that include peels? Has anyone found they affect their chickens in a bad way?

I feed cooked potatoes and peels a lot...no problems noted. I don't feed raw potatoes or peels.

Tomatoes are great to feed! They love them. I wouldn't feed onions. They will make the eggs maybe taste bad-I am wondering.

Back
Top Bottom