Tails from the "EGGS- FILES"

jackofall1232

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 31, 2014
I usually let my flock run free as the wind during the day and yesterday was no different. The sky turned dark, the wind picked up, and the lightning stared cracking down late in the evening. I usually keep a light on this time of year to keep eggs rolling in up until the crisp breath of wind that extravasates from every cell in Old Man Winter's lungs.
When the Darkness of night starts to filter in through the patchy rain , I start hearing the portentous howl of the coyotes back in the woods. So I get up from my swinging chair on my porch and disquietingly to go make my rounds through the back side of my lot to the hen house.

I get about half way there and I see the light in the hen house blinking on and of in succession

All of the sudden my flashlight starts to flicker and then flash of lightning

and my flashlight went out and the light in the hen house goes dark as well in the black background of the forest behind it. So I shuffle my feet to make as much noise as possible in hopes of scaring off any unwanted ghouls. I make it to the utility shed that is just feet from the hen house . I rap on the flashlight a few more times and it briefly pops on so I go in to grab a spare bulb .

Right before I walk in I hear some bumping so I shine my light all around When all of the sudden ...

BOOM!

This crazy Half feathered chicken just drops down from the rafters right in front of me!

I nearly Jumped out of my skin ..
I slammed the door shut so fast ...
Mean while
Frankin-chicken just laughed and cackled ...

Here is my sweet and scary girl that likes to play jokes on the farmer..

BTW I still have found nothing wrong with the flashlight or the light in the hen house ...

thank you.just a little fun post for every one . I would like to hear other scary chicken stories anyone else has experienced..

Last edited:
gig.gif
That's cute!

All is well now peace is restored , The storm has passed , Franken- chicken has found her proper place in the roost and sent Mr clucks to kick rocks with the boys..

Back
Top Bottom