Taking a chicken to school....

Thank you all! I have decided that maybe my chickens really do need to go to school! Even with a "blackout curtain" completely covering the crate, they walk and slide around! I was planning to take my broody as she has been broody all summer...and she will be easy to catch. ;), but, of course, she was out running around this morning, not acting broody at all! So, I am now thinking either 2 hens or the 4 pallets that are 3+ months old. Either way, I will put them into a smaller crate with a towel, wood chips, a wedged in piece of wood, and of course, their little crash helmets as I race off with them to the school! :D. Thank you for all your suggestions! Centrarchild, I would love to be a 1st grader in your program!

Thank you all! I have decided that maybe my chickens really do need to go to school! Even with a "blackout curtain" completely covering the crate, they walk and slide around! I was planning to take my broody as she has been broody all summer...and she will be easy to catch. ;), but, of course, she was out running around this morning, not acting broody at all! So, I am now thinking either 2 hens or the 4 pallets that are 3+ months old. Either way, I will put them into a smaller crate with a towel, wood chips, a wedged in piece of wood, and of course, their little crash helmets as I race off with them to the school! :D. Thank you for all your suggestions! Centrarchild, I would love to be a 1st grader in your program!

I do the K-12, college and even work with retirement age adults. Commercial poultry producers also largely uncoupled from basic biological concepts surrounding chickens.

Back
Top Bottom