Taking away heat at 6 weeks for bantams

They are officially moved! Front porch is reclaimed!! Low tonight is 47°. Wish them luck
8347162C-005A-474B-A7E4-FDB31CE82019.jpeg

All did well their first night with a low of upper 40’s. At 5am they were all cuddled in the bedding side by side. Mid day in the upper 50°s I found them all roosting. Tonight is predicted to get to 37°! Still okay if I keep them closed up tight?
FC613D6D-5FE5-43BF-AD2E-0F064BB5AB29.jpeg

Is that their brooder heat plate? I'd imagine if they need it, they will use it, but 3° probably won't make a difference.
They look great!

I'm going back and forth with mine as it drops to 29° tonight and the lowest mine have been without heat is at 40°.

Is that their brooder heat plate? I'd imagine if they need it, they will use it, but 3° probably won't make a difference.
They look great!

I'm going back and forth with mine as it drops to 29° tonight and the lowest mine have been without heat is at 40°.
That is their plate but it’s not plugged in as the cord isn’t waterproof to reach to my power (I just moved their little coop off my covered porch and into the backyard yesterday.) I left it in at a suggestion from a previous poster, that maybe they would want to huddle under something familiar.

All did well their first night with a low of upper 40’s. At 5am they were all cuddled in the bedding side by side. Mid day in the upper 50°s I found them all roosting. Tonight is predicted to get to 37°! Still okay if I keep them closed up tight?
Yes, probably okay.

That is their plate but it’s not plugged in as the cord isn’t waterproof to reach to my power (I just moved their little coop off my covered porch and into the backyard yesterday.) I left it in at a suggestion from a previous poster, that maybe they would want to huddle under something familiar.
If they don't use it in the first 2-3 days and nights, then they probably never will, so you could take it out at that point.

I have one more night in the forecast where it's supposed to dip to 22°F. But, by then they will be in their coop. At that point, I'm just setting them up with a warm water bottle if they need it.

Back
Top Bottom