Tastie recipe?!

dusica731

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 1, 2014
I have my fresh cornish rocks curing in the fridge and looking for the best recipe ideas to introduce this home grown slice of heaven to my family! Any and all recipes welcome! Thanks in advance!

Probably fried chicken. Easy and everybody loves it. We also like chicken piccata.

To make your chicken more tender and tasty, brine it in salt water for a few hours or overnight. I use a tablespoon of salt in a half gallon of water and put it in a ziploc bag in the fridge.

Here's a recipe my family loves. It's tangy and flavorful.
http://everydaypaleo.com/budget-fri...cken-and-oven-roasted-bacon-veggies-by-erika/

If you have kids I'd cut the breasts off and make chicken nuggets. I don't think there's ever been a kid who didn't love chicken nuggets.

Make sure you rest them at least a couple days, till the rigor mortis passes. I made that mistake on my first chicken. It was so stiff the legs scraped the top of the oven, lol. Now I rest them at least 3 days.

Good luck, hope your family loves your home grown birds. We LOVE ours.

If you have kids I'd cut the breasts off and make chicken nuggets.  I don't think there's ever been a kid who didn't love chicken nuggets.

Make sure you rest them at least a couple days, till the rigor mortis passes.  I made that mistake on my first chicken.  It was so stiff the legs scraped the top of the oven, lol.  Now I rest them at least 3 days.

Good luck, hope your family loves your home grown birds.  We LOVE ours.

Great idea! I processed them on Saturday. Ice bathed them for about two hours then refrigerated. I put my first one in the slow cooker this am, should that be ok?

Back
Top Bottom