Tatanka Breeders Club: Meat Quail project with history, discussion, pictures and videos

Hi everyone! Im a new member who is currently raising brown quail who is interested in some selective breeding. I had no idea that some breeders out there are AVERAGING birders bigger than 13 oz, NICE WORK! I didn't know you could get bigger eggs too. Looking forward to posting some pics of a 4-tier 2X3 quail pen im designing for 30-60 quails!

I am also new and I am raising quail for meat and eggs. I am primarily interested in being self-sustaining. Could someone point me in the directions of where to start reading so that I understand this thread? Should I be looking somewhere else for info?

Hi everyone! Im a new member who is currently raising brown quail who is interested in some selective breeding. I had no idea that some breeders out there are AVERAGING birders bigger than 13 oz, NICE WORK! I didn't know you could get bigger eggs too. Looking forward to posting some pics of a 4-tier 2X3 quail pen im designing for 30-60 quails!
welcome-byc.gif

Check out this thread Show me your quail pens

I am also new and I am raising quail for meat and eggs. I am primarily interested in being self-sustaining. Could someone point me in the directions of where to start reading so that I understand this thread? Should I be looking somewhere else for info?
Start here with Quail Notable Archives & Important / Frequently Asked Topics Happy reading!
caf.gif

What about Manna Pro GBSB 30

I tried the 24 dumor and I couldnt figure out why the poo was so nasty and mushy all of a sudden.

The birds did not grow like they should either.

It is worth the extry 2 dollars for the goodstuff.

I just found this thread.

I started last year , off the White Buffalo website.

I dont know what F1 and all this other stuff is

Can someone fill me in.

Im getting over 13G eggs ATM and I keep pushing.

I just bred the largest and only set the largest eggs.

I want in on the breeding knowledge.

I dont even know the terms.
F1 means First Filial or first generation of a cross. F2 would be the second generation of a cross and so on.

I'm really interested in this. Are you combining A & M with browns. Besides large birds what is your goal? Larger eggs? More eggs?

Just started with the Texas A&M breed, got some so called jumbo's the weights seem good at 4 weeks old, bottom end 178 grams top 5 are 143 to 148 grams.
My concern is there are a few with some brown feathers on their back and or tail, where as most of the others are pure white with the black spot on their head.

I want to cross with my jumbo browns they are 5 months old and are at the 13 ounce size laying a egg daily. after reading your posts it seems I'am on the right track thanks

What about Manna Pro GBSB 30

I tried the 24 dumor and I couldnt figure out why the poo was so nasty and mushy all of a sudden.

The birds did not grow like they should either.

It is worth the extry 2 dollars for the goodstuff.

I just found this thread.

I started last year , off the White Buffalo website.

I dont know what F1 and all this other stuff is

Can someone fill me in.

Im getting over 13G eggs ATM and I keep pushing.

I just bred the largest and only set the largest eggs.

I want in on the breeding knowledge.

I dont even know the terms.

Seems dumor is trash feed, wouldnt be surprised if it was contaminated. Although some feed seems to be batch dependant- one year its good the next it’s different.

Im really interested in breeding bigger quail, any idea where I can get some fertile eggs? Thanks for all your hard work guys. Bigger quail and eggs are essential to competing with the damn chickens lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom