Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

math ace

Crowing
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Greetings Everyone
frow.gif

I have just discovered the joys of hot tea.
Previously, my only experience with hot tea was in Chinese Restruants.

A few weeks ago, I treated my daughter to a mother / daughter outing at a "Tea Room"...
Now, I am hooked... I have checked out tea reviews and started sampling teas from various sources..

White tea, Black Tea, Herbal Tea, Oolong Tea, Chai Tea, etc....

AWESOME is all I can say!
I love sipping a cup or two in the evening. It is helping me unwind and relax...

My FAVORITE tea right now is
Zhena's Gypsy Caramel Chai Herbal Red Tea

So what is your FAVORITE Tea?
Do you drink it black, with Sugar, honey or cream?
Do you use loose leaf, sachets, or tea bags?

It is such a beautiful cup! Perfect picture for this thread.
smile.png
Thank you. I'm glad you like it! =)

So pretty! I love tea and coffee both. I like to drink tea to relax and coffee for the busy days. During the summer I love iced tea. I do not add any sweetener or anything..we some times a nice slice of lemon. Hubby was just told he could drink green tea or chamomile tea on his very restricted diet. So we went and got him several types. I like English breakfast tea and Earl Grey which I think are very similar to each other. Have a great day and good luck on your paper.

I like both too. I drink coffee every other morning (twice on the weekend lol), and tea the rest of the time (mornings, afternoons, bedtime, it's always a good time for a cup of tea).
I like sun tea in the summer, but I like to have something in it. I learned that truvia doesn't go with tea well (imo), but I like honey or a little sugar.
Oh, green tea and chamomile are both very good for you!!!
Yeah, I always have a few different types of tea; always something cheap like Lipton or Market Pantry and Irish Breakfast Tea, and Earl Grey (it's the only thing I can get in loose tea around here), usually I have English Breakfast, and something that's either decaf, caffeine free, or sleepy time. =)
English Breakfast tea, as a blend, is based on Earl Grey. Twinings originally blended tea for the Earl of Grey, anything else is just burgamot flavored tea. ;-)
Thanks. The paper's coming along; I'm taking a break. =)

Last edited:
Yay for the big farm house kitchen !

I would bring those tiny sandwiches with assorted fillings and my very yummy chocolate cake. And tea, of course
big_smile.png
It would be fun, wouldn't it? It seems we live so far from one another. Maybe some time we'll all plan an event. Who knows?

Hi everyone!
I've been so busy I haven't had time to log in.
Hope everyone is doing well in the exams, with college applications, and the headaches are all gone by now
hugs.gif
Speaking of which, have you tried feverfew tea? It's usually very good. One thing that works for me when I have headaches is strong black tea or coffee. But I get very mild headaches and only once in a while.
I went on the internet a while ago to get some tea recipes and bumped into this one, that happens to be for headaches. Never tried it, but hope it helps:
4 parts of chamomile tea
3 parts lemon balm
2 parts feverfew
1 part skullcap
1 part passion flower
1/4 part ginger root
Measure the partsof each of the herbs listed and mix in a large bowl until well combined. Brew in infuser or teapot. Will keep for 6 months if stored in cool, dark place.

If I don't show up till after Christmas, may you all have a blessed one!

Oh, here's a pic of the fish tank:

The fishless cycle seemed to really pick up once they got the ammonia-eating bacteria to start really doing their job. They did all the tests and it was ready, so DH took the boys to get fish the other day. They got a Blue Gourami, a long-finned zebra Guppy, a (something) Cory Catfish, and five Neon Tetra (one of those turned up dead this morning).

x2, pout! Some people seem to be so disconnected they don't put together that meat comes from animals. Hello?!:eek:  BTW, thanks for offering him a home. I'm sure it would be a great one for him:hugs

I'll try to take a picture of Leo, the terror. He is really  changing the mood of my hens. And I don't mean for the better :rolleyes:
 I got him from a friend to keep my assisted hatch's company. He was a day old under a broody hen and another dozen of day olds of different breeds. My friend said he was a mix and that she had no idea what he was, since she has so many different breeds. She has some bantams ( I think they are bantams because they are so petite) that have feathered feet and what looks like a feather helmet on their heads. It's not like the polish or sultan feathers. They are sleek and smooth. She also has EEs, silkies, RIRs and araucanas. Leo is short, but a bit bigger than a bantam. He is mahogany brown with black/greenish tail feathers and what looks like a cushion/pea comb mix. He has yellow, feathered legs. He is quite handsome, but I have no idea what he could be.

The mate tea I drank was a brand from Brazil. My friend gave me a box. It is delicious!

:) no prob I wish I could take home every animal in need of a home but I can't obviously :lol:

He sounds very pretty!!!

Wow that's awesome!

I started raising chickens for eggs.  Several months later, I got two roosters and that's when my hatching addition, I mean habits took off.  My general chicken culling plans have been to cull non-laying hens and extra roosters.

I just found H&B tea in Publix.  I got English B-fast.  I'm trying it w/ coconut sugar, but it's sitting in the kitchen, b/c I forgot to bring it to my desk when I left the kitchen.  Now, I'm shouting to DD.  Excuse me, please. :caf

I hear you!

:lol:  did you get the sugar? How did it taste? I tried date sugar a long time ago. It's delicious, but it's so strong it leaves everything tasting like dates. It's still very delicious, though.

Do you process your chickens or take them somewhere?

I bought a butchering kit from McMurray Hatchery has so many different kinds of knives I don't even see why I have so many! :lol:

Good Morning friends!
Have you tried hibiscus tea? It's delicious hot. I usually drink it iced in the summer, but hot tastes great, too,
I found jasmine tea w/o green tea mixed in. I was so very happy till I read the ingredients and found it had anise mixed in instead. Blargh!!!!

It has warmed up! I am so happy I can spend all summer smiling as I see leaves on trees, flowers, birds singing happily!!! I look like a lemonade TV commercial
big_smile.png

I've been drinking a lot of iced tea, especially mint because my "mint forest" is right at my doorstep. I never made chai from scratch and never added salt or baking soda. I'll try that. I do tend to add lemon to my teas. It always tastes very good to me.

But I have to say with all the end of school year celebrations and some relatives over, I've been drinking more than tea these days.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom