Teenage hens, bloody poop, older hen stopped laying

maryhbrock

Chirping
May 14, 2020
I have two hen who are about 2.5 +/- years old. Fabulous layers. One has just recently stopped laying. (Came out of molt, started laying, then stopped again, plus white, milky watery poop ). In the meantime, Just brought three new teenagers into the flock, and from day one, one of them has stringy bloody poop. Can't figure out which one, but now that they actually go into the roost at night, I should be able to pin it down.

Starting treating for coccidiosis two days ago. I've attached a picture of the poop pile under the three new girls.The picture doesn't accurately represent the color in person, it's a bit more vivid.

Thanks in advance!
Mary

Attachments

• 20230324_093246.jpg
    20230324_093246.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
I'd give them all the Corid.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Some hens stop laying eggs due to stress and disruptions within the flock. Introducing 3 teenagers would be a disruption and stressful. If your hen is eating/drinking well and acting normal, then give her some time to see if she resumes laying when things calm down.

I'd give them all the Corid.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Some hens stop laying eggs due to stress and disruptions within the flock. Introducing 3 teenagers would be a disruption and stressful. If your hen is eating/drinking well and acting normal, then give her some time to see if she resumes laying when things calm down.
Thank you! I'm on day three of the first treatment. I wish I had noted when the older hen stopped giving me her pretty eggs.i will go through the treatment as recommended.

Back
Top Bottom