Tell me about Bantam egg laying, please

I like the specked ones. Medium brown with dark brown speckles. Would like to get some bantam Ameraucanas too and make some bantam Olive Eggers.

I also like the speckled eggs. Have only ever had one Welsummer and her eggs weren't as spotted like the ones you are referring to. I want some of those medium brown with bigger brown speckles too! I used to have coturnix quail and their little eggs were that same pattern.

I just bought a bantam sized Wheaten Ameraucana roo and would like to find him a bantam Wellie for olive eggs.
Would also like to find some more Ameraucana pullets too.

As far as egg laying, I had some Mille Fleur D'Uccles that laid probably 4 a week. They seemed to lay more than the OEGB that I had at the time.

I also like the speckled eggs. Have only ever had one Welsummer and her eggs weren't as spotted like the ones you are referring to. I want some of those medium brown with bigger brown speckles too! I used to have coturnix quail and their little eggs were that same pattern.

I just bought a bantam sized Wheaten Ameraucana roo and would like to find him a bantam Wellie for olive eggs.
Would also like to find some more Ameraucana pullets too.

If you buy eggs on Ebay, birdbrain has bantam Wellsummers. She is not on BYC but she is reliable and packs her eggs well.

Bantams aren't worthless as they produce eggs half the size on a 1/4 of the food intake actually my bantam RIRs lay a medium egg.At the 1/4 to 1/5 th the size and feed intake on large fowl birds. :)

I am new At rising chicks but Barred rocks are good egg layers but my are still chick they are 7 weeks and Barred rocks are A bantman breeed

Haha your forgiven as long as you enjoy chickens as we do ,your welcome anytime :) welcome to the flock :)

/img/smilies/smile.png

So I think I made the cardinal mistake in chicken ownership - I didn't research the breed before jumping in.  I recently got 3 Dutch Bantam hens - I was told that they would lay about 4 eggs a week, each.  Since I live in the city, their small build seemed like a good idea, and I thought that a dozen eggs a week was plenty.

Well, I've since read that it's actually more like 1 egg per week, and that they are supposedly very small.  My friend told me her bantam eggs were the size of a quarter... 

I *do* want eggs - Now that I own chickens, I'd hate to have to still buy eggs, you know?  Oie...   I know that all hens are different, but I was hoping that you could share your own bantam egg stories with me.
hi ,
My bantam lays med. Size eggs, and we pretty much get 1 egg everyday ,diet depends hugely on size and quality of the eggs to not just breed.feed her good keep her happy and you will be suprised how many eggs 1 little bantam can provide. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom