Tell me what you feed your geese in the winter...

It takes alot of energy alright which isnt all that bad but ive a river in my field and it didnt freeze but in 2009 we had minus 19 and it froze the river but anyway its take alot of work and your hands freeze also and in ireland winter is november december and january :)

It takes alot of energy alright which isnt all that bad but ive a river in my field and it didnt freeze but in 2009 we had minus 19 and it froze the river but anyway its take alot of work and your hands freeze also and in ireland winter is november december and january
smile.png
Do you get much snow?

Not only do chores take longer, but it seems to take twice as much energy.

Normally we get more snow than subzero temps, but last year was one of the coldest on record.  The weather we are having now is unusually cold for November, which makes me worry about how it will be in December & January.  I have spent a lot of time yesterday/today breaking ice in all the kiddy pools and buckets..... and winter is still a month away!

yes chores seem to take forever when its this cold. We also usually get more snow than cold, but it seems that we are having a very early cold snap. I kind of wish that it would snow to at least insulate everything a little better. And prettier!!

Your weather sounds cold bit last night it was minus 5 which might not seem cold for ye but if it comes out of the blue in a night thats also a brrrrrrr and i put all my geese in their winter sheds first time since march this year and my lil goslings of this year never saw frozen water until today when they ran flapping their wings to the pond next to the river and slipped ! Which was quiet funny
smile.png

When i threw my dog on the pond they were happy they had water and enjoyed chewing the ice
You used your dog to break the ice?!
lau.gif

Fortunately, our cold snap is almost over and temps are rising again (even if only briefly). I'm not a fan of snow or extreme cold temps, but I muster through the bitter winters to enjoy the beautiful weather we get here the rest of the year.

Personally, I feel the worst part of winter are the short days. I hate that it gets dark at 5pm.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom