Temp keeps fluctuating, humidity stable

Mar 8, 2024
Midwestern US
Hi guys,
yesterday I put my eggs in the incubator, and I also put my hygrometer in just in case the incubator was reading it wrong, but the temp keeps on fluctuating. The lowest it's been is 97 degrees, and the highest was like 100 maybe. Most people put hygrometers in their incubator to see if their incubator is reading it wrong, but I was curious if it was possible if the hygrometer is reading it wrong? Because if the incubator reads 102 degrees and the hygrometer says 97, and if the incubator is right, then the embryos can die. I know 102 is not a good temp but I keep on having to raise the temp on the incubator in an effort to raise the temp on the hygrometer, which should be the actual, correct, accurate temperature. (I hope that made sense.)
Do you guys have any suggestions on how to keep the temperature stable? The humidity is perfectly fine, the incubator's humidity is only like 2-3 off from what the hygrometer says.

Thanks so much!

go for the high end on machine, low end on the hygrometer. my hygrometer always says 98.5 in the corner, and my incubator says 101 in the middle. I run slightly hot, and my eggs in the middle three rows hatch on day 19 or 20, while the eggs on the edge hatch on 21 or 22.

try to find out what one is more accurate.

Did you calibrate your hygrometer? If you haven't, get a bowl of ice and let it sit for a few minutes. Once it's steady, look at what it reads. If it says 32F you know that it is accurate. If it reads anything else you'll know how much it is off.

Back
Top Bottom