temperature problems

chasehope

Songster
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
Eastern Washington
okay, I think that I figured out why my eggs have not hatched this time. I think that my thermometer is wrong and has been the whole time!!! I had just one thermometer in there, which has always helped me to hatch eggs in the past, but for the last month I havent had ANYTHING hatch, so I added a second thermometer. The first said 99.5 (perfect) and the second said 95.5. So, I added a third thermometer which is reading 100, so I added yet another one (#4) which is reading 95, so then we are on to #5 which is reading 94. So, I have eggs at all stages of incubation, my guess is that they were at about 95 degrees, so should I continue to keep them in the incubator? Or should I throw them out and start over? This is such a bummer, I was REALLY excited about these eggs. Thanks in advance:(

If the eggs are developing I would bring the temperature up to where it should be and hope for the best. You may be surprised.

How is the humidity?

Chasehope-
I am having a similiar issue with mine. It is ranging around 95 to 102 most days. I am looking forward to hearing what people think about your sitatution....

Let me know what happens! You may give me hope for mine!
fl.gif

chase.....how long have they been in the bator? Is it a till air or do you have a fan? Oh I hope this batch hatches for you....I am on day 21 and ONE HAS ZIPPED! Its half way there! OMG, I can stand it! I want to see more more more!!
big_smile.png
Good luck on your hatch!

I candled the eggs, to see what we have. They look to be at various stages in development. I took out a few that had nothing going on at all, but others seem to look like maybe day 18? and then others where you can see some blood vessels and eyes, but thats it, as well as some in between. So I think that I will let them keep going and see what we come up with. I think that they were just a few degrees cooler than needed. But, now we have 6 thermometers and I think that I have it right!!! Thanks for everybodys help.

chase, wow, what a difference. Do you have any eggs in there if you have 5 thermometers? LOL, I would think that would take up alot of room.

Go with a good glass thermometer, either a spirit(red line) or a mercury one. Those should be the most accurate. Don't go by the little carded thermometers. I only trust the digitals for the humidity.

I will definately get one of those. The digital definately don't seem to be consistant. There is actually alot of room in there, one of the thermometers is the carded kind, and then there are 3 digital which only the probe goes in, and then there is a digital that goes all in, and a oven thermometer!!! I have used every thermometer that I own and that I came across!!! I don't have a glass one though!!! Maybe if I get one of those I can take out the others!!!

The reason that they are at different developmental stages is because they were all put in at different times, so that they would hatch about 5 days apart. I am still hopeful since I see that they ARE in fact develpoing. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom