Tent Camping - Florida & southeastern US??

chantecler

Songster
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Moncton New Brunswick
Hi all

We are heading south in a few weeks - getting away from the cold and snow. We are planning on driving down and camping (tent) once we start to get to warmer temps.

We are looking for nice cozy camp sites - NOT the big open space RV places. I've heard that a lot of the campgrounds are RV oriented

Can anyone recommend nice tent campgrounds in Florida.
Places with hikicking trails and swimming and where we can see the real Florida.

Thnks so much guys.

N:)

PS- I'm going to try and bring back some chickens without the DH knowing
gig.gif

we've always camped in state parks, usually cozy, clean and well taken care of. You could be able to find them listed on the states website. My grandparents used to go to KOA's too, someone mentioned on another thread that they are nice too.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/

Try
here.... If u'll be on 75 try Oleno State Park it's pretty nice place. It'll be off the 3rd Lake City exit u'd head S on 441. It's on the Santa Fe River gorgeous spot!

Also in St Augustine is Anastasia State Park has a camp w/really nice beach access a view of the St Augustine light house. And u can visit my fav FL city St Augustine the oldest City in the US it's a really awesome place!

Last edited:
Well if your going to Florida while driving through Georgia, camp at least one night in the okefenokee swamp on the GA/FLA border. You can canoe out to your tentsite that is on stilts away from the RV park but the RV park has a separate tent loop as well. But Ive spent weeks it seems camping down there and loved it.

Back
Top Bottom