Tetroxy I can treat the whole flock right?

CornerViewFarm

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 5, 2008
Ohio
I have treated with tetroxy in the past but always gave it to all my birds even if they are not showing signs of sickness. Before I do it again I just want to make sure that I have not been wrong in the past and treating everyone is okay and that I didnt mess up in the past! Thanks!

I don't know what the industry standard is, but I only give antibiotics to those that are sick.

-Kathy
X2

Giving antibiotics without any signs of disease may only increase bacterial resistance to the disease. This means that, if your birds ever had a real disease, the antibiotic might not work. Additionally, antibiotics reduce the number of beneficial bacteria. Its best to use them as little as possible to prevent stressing your birds out.

X2

Giving antibiotics without any signs of disease may only increase bacterial resistance to the disease. This means that, if your birds ever had a real disease, the antibiotic might not work. Additionally, antibiotics reduce the number of beneficial bacteria. Its best to use them as little as possible to prevent stressing your birds out.
The two hens that got sick were in with my flock for a day before I seen it (was out of town for work) should I just still keep the two separated treat them or treat the whole flock since everyone was exposed?

I would separate and treat the sick ones only. If the others get sick, then you can treat them, and they won't have built up resistance to the drugs. Never treat with antibiotics unless they are symptomatic, and you know what you are trying to treat.

Back
Top Bottom