Thailand Anyone?

Great news! Thanks for sharing. Good to hear they're back in business. I have always found the owner a very pleasant and easy man to do business with, and his chickens are always very healthy.

thumbsup.gif

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to all of this and looking to start my flock here on the north end of Phuket. Is there a chance you all could give a peek of your coops are setup and what do you do for bedding here? Glad to be a part you all!

I was in Chiang mai a few weeks ago,went to the shop where they are supposed to have Brahmas ,but no luck.
We have Silkies and we could trade if you like?
Still looking for Brahmas.

I just got Brahmas, but it will be 9 months before they are ready for egg laying...I got Buff and Light to breed. I bought them as 1 month for 1500 baht, but will sell babies for 400 baht.

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to all of this and looking to start my flock here on the north end of Phuket. Is there a chance you all could give a peek of your coops are setup and what do you do for bedding here? Glad to be a part you all!

Bedding is tough, but we have here in Krabi. Its very hard to find in the south. You have to mosquito proof your coop too because of the fowl pox! The fowl pox is crazy in all the places I've lived....very frustrating! I have screens with netting, and I spray! Make sure to dump water at night, clean the bowl and refill daytime!

Hi, I'm in Chiang Mai.

I have Brahma, RIR and Red Sex-links. It's great to know so many others are living here in Thailand too. :)

I'd love some Polish and Silkies in the future! I'll have to remember you guys who breed them and get in touch with you when I'm ready (hopefully next year).

P.S. I have male chicks - RIR, and RIR x Sex-link that I'd like to find new homes for. Anyone know of someone who'd like to start their own flock?

I have great Polish if you want! Babies for 400 baht, 2 months or older 1200 baht-3000 baht depending on the chicken. (The expensive ones are frizzle Polish!) It will be 2 months before I have more available, but let me know!

Quote:
Thank you for this great information. I haven't hear a thing about the fowl pox before this and mosquitos are definitely an issue in the area of the coop as I get eaten up every time I head out there. Thank you for this!!! Do you have any idea the breed name of what most thais consider Gai Baan?

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't know for sure, but I would think it is the "Thai Chicken" native and famous worldwide as the Thai Chicken breed. If its the cockfighting chicken, that is the Thai chicken. Also, a few more notes on fowl pox, you can vaccinate for fowl pox, but they actually get fowl pox briefly with the vaccination and its not 100% because there are so many strains of fowl pox, way beyond the vaccine. I also heard Newcastle vaccine can help with fowl pox without giving it to them. I just did that one and its pretty safe. Not sure how much it will help with the fowl pox, but that is what I heard.

We went to Chattuchak today to see what we could find and we got some pigeons,Bobwhite quail and two really nice Brahmas!
Young birds around 3 months old and they look very healthy.
We are still in the market for a few more so Chickies,when you have some please let us know.
close to us is a place called Ponyvalley and they also have some beautiful adult Brahmas but they do not want to sell any and i have not seen any eggs.
I am trying to get some Brahma bantam eggs and hopefully we will be able to hatch some of those.

Am after some good quality silkies (bearded or non-bearded) for breeding and for genetic study. If anyone know where i can get them in Thailand, that would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom