Thank goodness Breeding and Laying season is over. Now Questions.

OzawkieBantams

Songster
12 Years
Sep 15, 2010
Ozawkie, KS
As the Title states Thank goodness Breeding and Laying season is over. I have a question .
Can I put my two month old Red golden with the Adults an same with the Silver pheasants. They are growing out of the brooder and the adult pens are much bigger. I just figure with the testosterone gone I might get away from having to build another pen (lack of funds) till September comes then I can take them to the auction.

Any help will be appreciated

Daren

You can not add any birds to a dominated pen.If you put the silvers where the red goldens were and viseversa,add the younger bird first,then the adults,but keep an eye on them it may not work.The territorial period is over,but you still need to be ready for fights.
In N.H.,Tony.

I put my young birds after they are banded and recorded out in with the adult birds, just make sure you don't over do it, and have a lot of brush and hiding places. I don't know how big your pens are but the smallest I do this with is a 16'x24'x10'high pen and it works fine for me. But Tony could be right as well. Although I would not do this with silver pheasants just golden and amherst pheasants. Good luck.

Quote:
Thanks Tony I will figure something else out
cool.png

Daren

Back
Top Bottom